Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you prefer bent or straight?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bent

10 21.74%
  • Straight

13 28.26%
  • They both have their place

23 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bent or stright?

This is a discussion on Bent or stright? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I honestly can't decide which I like better. I've got mostly straights in my collection even though my initial thought ...

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Bent or stright?

I honestly can't decide which I like better. I've got mostly straights in my collection even though my initial thought was I was going to like bents better. Since most of my smoking seems to be while doing something -and therefore clenching- a straight pipe just works better.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Re: Bent or stright?

I voted with they both have their place. I have more bent pipes than I do straight but that is only because I purchase pipes that grab me if that makes any sense. When I look for a pipe that I'm wanting to purchase I look first at the shape and design and then if it's one that pleases me then I look at the price and see if its something I can afford. But it has to grab me first and for me, my likes tend to sway toward bent pipes for some reason.
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Bent. The thought of an easy route of gunk into my mouth is not pleasant.
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I used to like bent pipes, but am definately in the straight camp now.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

I anticipate a lot of folks will say both have their place and I didn't want a thread full of posts saying I should've given that option I also realized I cant spell Looking forward to reading thoughts all the way around.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

I voted straight because, I have exactly one more straight, than I have bent.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Machurtado's Avatar

I say both much like you Gregg I started off liking bent only but I have gradually been gravitating towards straight.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."Ben Frankin

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I like them both but i am new!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

I have almost all bent now except for a few really old and sentimental straight ones. I actually sold all my straight pipes last year. I guess it's a personal thing. I just find bents sit better for me
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

I'm clenching more now than when I first started, so my preference has shifted to straight.

I also like to give my pipes a quick "flick" of the stem to remove the condensation that might build up. Hard to do with a bent pipe...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Machurtado's Avatar

Dan do you do that while you are smoking them and just cover the bowl with your hand?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."Ben Frankin

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Voted straight as I generally prefer that style but I do have and like some bent pipes.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Mostly bent, but I do enjoy both.

I prefer the looks of a bent briar or meer. Both of my former good meers were bent and the two briars I own now are bent. I bought a few bent cobs and then accumulated a bunch of straight cobs. My 3 straight MM Diplomats (natural finish) get smoked the most.

My favorite bent is the GBD Rockroot 9438 that I'm smoking now with Old Gowrie in it as I sip Highland Park 12 year old. This pipe smokes O.G. a bit better than my cobs. The Diplomats smoke LNF better than any briar or meer I've owned and, as I smoke LNF 90% of the time, the cobs get most of the action.

I can't help myself. Here's a picture of the GBD. I love this pipe.

I do a lot of clinching in the shop and the cobs are ideal for this, especially the little 18 gram MM "Morgans".
    WyoBob

I really like a couple of bent pipes I have, but I favor the straight ones in general. Bent's are easier to clench and better for bigger pipes, but I like smaller pipes for the most part, so most of mine are straight. A like a "slight" bend, not a full bend, best.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast