Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

old pipes

This is a discussion on old pipes within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I have a box full of old pipes that I have acquired from my one of my ancestors. I was ...

old pipes

I have a box full of old pipes that I have acquired from my one of my ancestors. I was curious if anyone could tell me if any of them are worth keeping or selling. We own one of the oldest log cabins in Ohio and they were in a box down in the basement. we are selling the cabin fairly soon and have been trying to sort through a lot of the clutter.
    here are a couple pics of them. if there is a specific pipe that warrants a closeup let me know and it shall be. old pipes-pipe3.jpgold pipes-pipe2.jpgold pipes-pipe1.jpg

Re: old pipes

In the first pic I like the bulldog in the top right corner. Would you take 50 bucks for the lot?

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

I'll say they all look pretty clean. Hard to say what their worth without who made them. Could be drug store pipes and not worth a lot. Best to do research or like Scott offered,sell the lot here.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Don't know much about pipes the pipers on here are very knowledgeable i am sure someone shall chime in.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

If you list the markings on the pipes it would be easier to help you

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

not really enough info to make a determination. I know i really like the third one down on the right in the first pic

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I would suggest there are three ways to go about it if you don't smoke pipes and want to get ride of them... You can sell them here, after posting markings and such so the more experienced people here can give you a fair price on some of them. You can just sell them as a lot on ebay. Or you can try to sell them blind on here or ebay, or both, and hope people give you a fair price, and that people don't get screwed... I would say the first option is probably the best place to start... Just find any markings you can on any of the pipes and list them here and people will start figuring out what they are and make offers on what they're interested in.

I for one, would love to hear more about that sitter below the one Scott is interested in.

Thanks everyone! I will scour the pipes for marking tonight or tomorrow and post pics of my findings

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

This site may be of some help.

Pipes: Logos & Estampilles - Logos & Markings

Young Puffer Fish

Can you give close up photos of them. It basically depends on the condition of each pipe and the maker.

Here are a couple makers/ names that I have found so far. Will post more as I find them.
    1. dunhills shell made in england
    2. 4371 special Italian briar
    3. Berbriar
    4. Berkeley briar
    5. Letters "WDC" inside a triangle
    6. Wdc sterling silver Italian briar
    7. Letters "BBB" inside a diamond natural grain

I can post close up pics of any of these if needed.

old pipes-20130106_204416.jpg

This one says dunhills shell

Puffer Fish with some spikes KBibbs's Avatar

Hmmm, dunhill? I believe those were cheap Chinese assembly line pipes. I'll give you $10 for the lot and you can be done with them. No need to thank me
    "I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter." -Winston Churchill

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gkyle840 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130106_204416.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	74309

This one says dunhills shell
    depending on condition and what you want i could be interested

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast