Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

working on my plateaux briar from FWTX SPS

This is a discussion on working on my plateaux briar from FWTX SPS within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I'm curious how long it took you to get the rough shape carved with those bits...?...

Re: working on my plateaux briar from FWTX SPS

I'm curious how long it took you to get the rough shape carved with those bits...?
    ********.com

well i started using 1/2 1/2 sanding bit last week just got the basic idea for the top curve not much done really. today i did the whole ruff grind in about a hour then went back and did a ruff sand with the 1/2 x 1/2 60 grit sanding tube. the rasp bits work great I wonder why the whole dremel sets are 80% for metal

briar block in Other | eBay

all the pretty briars

Alpha Puffer Fish

WOW! I'm impressed with the progress Jason - sorry they didn't supply a better stem but I figured if you were going to devote all that effort you would probably order a pretty stem to go with it anyway.

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Well, if you want something similar to Briar, you need a wood that is very dense. Apple or Olive are close to briar in that respect, but probably just as expensive. You'd probably be better off just giving Briar a shot.

That, or just get a piece of pine (soft and inexpensive) to practice carving in general...
    The bonus to using apple, though, is you can use the scraps later in your BBQ pit/ grill. Prefer peach or cherry, but some apple smoked pork chops are nothing to scoff at.

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

It does look fantastic so far, Jason. Keep up the good work, we'd love to see the final product. I know woodworking is very slow going and takes more patience than I can stand sometimes.

Jason, that's a very cool pipe you're working on! Can't wait to see the finished pics!

well I did it now just picked up 3 more pieces of pre drilled briar the problem is I need to order wax and stain and buffing wheels but I just could not help myself........ I wonder if I will ever get to the finish stage

Algerian Ebauchon Briar Block Tobacco Pipe Making Kit w Stem 2 | eBay

Horn Shape Algerian Plateaux Briar Block Tobacco Pipe Making Kit w Stem 7 | eBay

Reject Algerian Ebauchon Briar Block Tobacco Pipe Making Kit w Stem 1 | eBay

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

Stop tempting meeeeee!!!!

LOL
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

well that's my test block's I think I will attempt Red Mahogany and black on the tips but I need to work on how much black I put on. and the 2 yellows are both great But I will start light I think. any suggestions hit me up. the wax is here Monday so I am almost done

ok well I have been busy building a workshop but I did finally finish this and thanks again the Ken for the great sps gift there is a few pics

the pics realy do not do it justice she is shiny maybe if i ever get a camera higher then 3mp my pics would not suck so bad

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

That is soooooooo damn cool!

Well done
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Thanks Jason I will be doing a few of them

I finally got around to breaking this in on my birthday 2 weeks ago it smoked great!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast