Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Taking a step back

This is a discussion on Taking a step back within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Gentlemen - I am going to be taking a step back from the puff forums for a while, for personal ...

Taking a step back

Gentlemen -

I am going to be taking a step back from the puff forums for a while, for personal reasons. Please know that it has nothing to do with any of the outstanding gentlemen of the pipe forums. My reasons for doing this are not a secret, but I will not discuss them on puff.

Note that I said I'm taking a step back, not leaving. I anticipate that I'll be in and out periodically, but I won't be here nearly as frequently as I once was.

Anyway - I wouldn't have posted this at all, except for the Tobacco of the Month. I didn't start it, but it fell in my lap, and it has become my "baby" over the last several months that I've been running it. It has been an honor and a priviledge to administer it for the last few months, but I will not be doing so any more as of now.

The Tobacco of the Month is a lot of fun for everyone, and is a great resource for newbies and FOGs alike, and I would hate for it to fall by the wayside just because I wasn't able to run it anymore.

I don't feel that I have the authority to choose someone to carry the torch, and I don't want the responsibility of making that choice anyway. So, rather than clutter up the TOTM thread, I started this thread so that you guys would have a place to discuss things if needed, and hash out plans to continue it or whatever.

Good luck, gentlemen.

Re: Taking a step back

Out of curiosity...what is involved in running the TOTM thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    Out of curiosity...what is involved in running the TOTM thread?
    Not much, really. Post the poll thread, look up descriptions and post them on the poll thread, keep track of nominations, etc. There's nothing involved other than what you've seen me post on the threads.

Though I have not been to active on the pipe side. I do want to thank you, Cliffoeerd, for the effort you have put into TOTM!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Thanks cliff!
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

I'm sad now...... Sniffle
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

sorry to see you taking some time off cliff. You were always good for sending me a #10 envelope full of lakeland blends that tasted too much like grandmother soap

Clifford, life comes first & always should. Do what you need to do, take all the time you require. Come back to us my friend when you are at peace.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Again, I'm not leaving, I'm just not going to be here as often. I hate it when members post 'goodbye' threads, and I didn't intend for this to be one. I genuinely just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be fulfilling my role as keeper of the TotM anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Clifford, life comes first & always should. Do what you need to do, take all the time you require. Come back to us my friend when you are at peace.
    I hesitate to reply to this at all for fear of inciting even more drama. But you're implying that I've got some sort of issues in my life, so I feel it necessary to let the rest of the gentlemen here know - no, it's not life. I and my family are a-okay.

Warren, if you are being genuine then I'll thank you for the sentiment, and apologize in advance for the rest of my reply. But I suspect that you do know that it's not my life that is leading me away from here, it's the recent drama that is pushing me away from here. Frankly, I'm a bit insulted that you would come to this thread and imply otherwise.

It's early, and I haven't had my coffee. If I read too much into your post, then I do sincerely apologize, Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Again, I'm not leaving, I'm just not going to be here as often. I hate it when members post 'goodbye' threads, and I didn't intend for this to be one. I genuinely just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be fulfilling my role as keeper of the TotM anymore.

I hesitate to reply to this at all for fear of inciting even more drama. But you're implying that I've got some sort of issues in my life, so I feel it necessary to let the rest of the gentlemen here know - no, it's not life. I and my family are a-okay.

Warren, if you are being genuine then I'll thank you for the sentiment, and apologize in advance for the rest of my reply. But I suspect that you do know that it's not my life that is leading me away from here, it's the recent drama that is pushing me away from here. Frankly, I'm a bit insulted that you would come to this thread and imply otherwise.
    I implied nothing but my best wishes for you.

You said this in your original post.
    I am going to be taking a step back from the puff forums for a while, for personal reasons.
    I assumed that there was an issue in your life and nothing more. I am sorry you saw it otherwise as I have nothing but the best wishes for you & yours. I'll just take my misunderstood ass back to silence again.

You read too much.

Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Apparently I don't get to the other side of puff often enough............ Anyway I really did like the way you ran the totm. And I think I speak for all pipers here that you have done a bang up job on it and have created some pretty big shoes to fill on this job.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

ALL THE BEST Cliff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    ALL THE BEST Cliff!
    He's not leaving......

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    He's not leaving......
    I know never said he was.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Sheez - things are going downhill fast...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast