Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

A Bit of Zen...

This is a discussion on A Bit of Zen... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So I've been smoking some Dun. Royal Yacht for the last couple weeks (my introduction to the pipe...). I had ...

It's a cliff not a slope! jheiliger's Avatar

A Bit of Zen...

So I've been smoking some Dun. Royal Yacht for the last couple weeks (my introduction to the pipe...). I had time for a couple bowls this afternoon, and decided to try something different.

So, I broke out the tin of Dun. London Mixture that I bought with my RY. I also switched pipes and went with my briar instead of my cob. So, I'm just living on the edge with all this change!!

Right off the bat... I didn't like the pipe. First time I've smoked it since I've gotten back to the pipe, and I simply don't like it. It's a basket pipe that I bought 15 years ago, and I'm not sure what it's/my problem is! It seemed wet? I did get some gurgling. It's a bent stem, which I've read have a tendency to gather more moisture.

BUT... I REALLY liked the flavors I was getting from the tobacco... Better than the RY.

SO...

I whipped out the MM Cob and loaded me another bowl! I had NO IDEA a different pipe could make that much of a difference. My cob smokes so much better. It was simply perfection...

It had such great flavors. The smoke was cool and kind of chewy... Only had 2 relights. It was a fantastic smoke!
    I live such a great life... A beautiful family, a job I love, and a few good smokes to keep my head on straight.

Re: A Bit of Zen...

I prefer the LM over the RY, but anything with Latakia is good to me!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Good deal. Yeah I feel ya there. I like my meers the best but if I want to smoke a different pipe than I will always pick up a cob before my briars.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

It's a cliff not a slope! jheiliger's Avatar

This is the first blend/pipe combination that has really "done it" for me! It was like my first time smoking a great cigar...
    I live such a great life... A beautiful family, a job I love, and a few good smokes to keep my head on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I prefer the LM over the RY, but anything with Latakia is good to me!
    I used to smoke almost nothing but Latakia, mainly Nightcap and Standard Mixture Full when it was a Dunhill tobacco I was smoking, but nowadays I think my favorite Dunhill is The Royal Yacht. It still manages to stink up a room, even without the Latakia.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

I can't comment on those blends, but I tried some H&H Blackhouse in my new briar, which is a full bent, and it smoked so much better than my other half-bent. The bowl is a little wider, and it burned perfectly, I only needed to relight once.