Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Bill Unger passing...

This is a discussion on Bill Unger passing... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; On January 1, 2013 Bill Unger passed due to complications from cancer. I know him from his book on Custombilt ...

Keeper of the Cheaper snagstangl's Avatar

Bill Unger passing...

On January 1, 2013 Bill Unger passed due to complications from cancer. I know him from his book on Custombilt pipes which is no longer available through the North American Society of Pipe Collectors. I just thought i would note this. If any one else has more to add about his impact on the pipe community, please add.
    Why doesn't everyone think I'm as funny as I do, it must be them.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Bill Unger passing...

Thanks Andrew for posting this. Bone marrow cancer got him in 8 months.

Here's more: William E. Unger Jr. Obituary: View William Unger's Obituary by The Columbus Dispatch
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Wow.

I sent payment to him in late November to enroll for 2013 and we exchanged a few emails. I had no idea he passed.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

I know it will hit me when I don't see him at the St Louis show. I always enjoyed visiting visiting with him. RIP Bill.