Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can anyone tell me about this?

This is a discussion on Can anyone tell me about this? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; This is another pipe I got from a guy in England (flebay) that came in a lot of 3. It's ...

Can anyone tell me about this?

This is another pipe I got from a guy in England (flebay) that came in a lot of 3. It's kind of a cool looking pipe and it has a O with a L running through it on the stem. Not sure how one would take this apart for cleaning...

Can anyone tell me about this?-sdc14510.jpgCan anyone tell me about this?-sdc14511.jpg

Re: Can anyone tell me about this?

Ok so apparently I can only post a certain number of pics a day?

Guess I'll put the rest up tomorrow.

Young Puffer Fish

Never seen anything quite like it, but it's certainly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    Ok so apparently I can only post a certain number of pics a day?

Guess I'll put the rest up tomorrow.
    There's always been some sort of double-step hitch in the get-along with those attachments. I upload to photobucket and copy the img link. Much easier.

Anyhow, a very unusual pipe indeed, half smoking implement, half Chinese lock box.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

That is an Ornsby Pipe. Made in England. The metal stem could be used on several different bowls depending on your mood and what you wanted to smoke.

ORNSBY
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    That is an Ornsby Pipe. Made in England. The metal stem could be used on several different bowls depending on your mood and what you wanted to smoke.

ORNSBY
    Good get, Fuzzy! A high-grade Falcon!

Wow! Cool beans!

Now all you have to do is start searching for more bowls!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

LOL Right? Dammit that PAD is showing up again! lol

Fuzzy's photos lifted from ORNSBY I think; this is the home of the arch-collector of all things pipe using metal, parts that can be disassembled and which are generally weird. Well worth a look.

...and he included the link. Oooops.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Fuzzy and Robert....thanks a lot guys! As a collector of things unusual and off beat this pipe falls right into what I like. Now I'm searching flebay for more of them! lol

That is one unusually cool looking pipe. Nice find

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    Fuzzy and Robert....thanks a lot guys! As a collector of things unusual and off beat this pipe falls right into what I like. Now I'm searching flebay for more of them! lol
    That way lies madness. I know this altogether too well...
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    That way lies madness. I know this altogether too well...
    Perhaps only to eccentricity, as in Robert's case, but perilous all the same.

Finally got around to smoking this pipe yesterday! It was...interesting. There is something of a learning curve on this pipe. For starters, even though the bowl is about the same size as most of my other pipes, it smokes SLOWLY. Also, it has an irritating penchant for gurgling and clogging. Here is what I have learned...when it starts to gurgle, instead of pushing a pipe cleaner down and thus clogging it, I just remove the shank/stem and blow the liquid out. If it clogs I just pull the shank/stem out and gently push a pipe cleaner through the hole in the bottom of the bowl. Once I got all that figured out I really started to enjoy it. I got half a bowl (over an hour!) with only two relights. It had a hard draw until I figured out how to fix that and then it had a nice easy draw. After all was said and done I think this pipe will go into my regular rotation, if not my favorite list. Now....I just wish I could find more bowls! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast