Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What's the most expensive pipe that you own?

This is a discussion on What's the most expensive pipe that you own? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; My understanding of a pipe is that it's a tool. I know some look better then others and some have ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes iggy_jet's Avatar

What's the most expensive pipe that you own?

My understanding of a pipe is that it's a tool.
    I know some look better then others and some have more expensive materials, but it's still a tool for smoking.
    You can make one from a piece of wood or a corn cob..
    I think the most expensice pipe I have I paid about $60 for, I it smokes about the same as the once's that I got at a yard sale in a lot of 6 for $10.

I was just on Ebay and there is a pipe for sale at $20000.00, yes that's twenty thousand dollars.
    Would you pay that much? If yes, why?

//www.ebay.com/itm/BO-NORDH-pipe-79-sweden-perfect-/350693252387?_trksid=p2045573.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555001%26algo%3DPW.CURRENT%26ao%3D 1%26asc%3D146%26meid%3D5529769554748474547%26pid%3 D100034%26prg%3D1079%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D320890642442% 26

Re: What's the most expensive pipe that you own?

Quote Originally Posted by iggy_jet View Post
    I was just on Ebay and there is a pipe for sale at $20000.00, yes that's twenty thousand dollars.
    I'm not even sure why it would be that much. I mean...like where's the nice case? The most expensive one I've seen on ebay was $12K, but it belonged to King Edward VIII, aka the Duke of Windsor, unsmoked Dunhill with a VERY nice case. (He smoked Sasieni pipes. ) I can't imagine this one Nordh having anything like that lineage -- or as nice a case.

The most expensive pipe I own is Savinelli 120 Anni. Paid $125 for it, unsmoked -- and it at LEAST had a nice box!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I guess if i was filthy rich and money was no object i would own a twenty thousand dollar pipe. But i am not filthy rich and my most expensive pipe costs around a hundred bucks!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I'm not even sure why it would be that much. I mean...like where's the nice case? The most expensive one I've seen on ebay was $12K, but it belonged to King Edward VIII, aka the Duke of Windsor, unsmoked Dunhill with a VERY nice case. (He smoked Sasieni pipes. ) I can't imagine this one Nordh having anything like that lineage -- or as nice a case.

The most expensive pipe I own is Savinelli 120 Anni. Paid $125 for it, unsmoked -- and it at LEAST had a nice box!
    Well I was about to tell you to just sell 20 of your $1,000.00 dollar pipes, but I guess that won't work for you either.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I guess everyone thinks its a tad high in price LOL!

Got an extra $20k ?
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with some spikes iggy_jet's Avatar

This is one of the pipes I have and the most expensive.
    Savinelli, I am giving this one to my father in law next month on his birthday.

Name:  pipe.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  51.8 KB

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

1930 dunhill

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RupturedDuck's Avatar

It is a hang of a lot of money. On the other hand, they stopped making those, and to my knowledge, there isn't a master alive who has taken the torch from Bo as the best pipe maker in the world. I wouldn't pay $20,000 for a pipe, but in this case, I could see why someone would. Besdies, it is way better than the $19,000 Bo Nordh on eBay right now.

I believe the most I paid for a pipe was $180 for a 4 clover Viprati, unsmoked.

RD

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I paid $15 for a carve your own drilled blank at a. Antique store. All the rest have been less. I plan to spend $30 on the grab bag of 10 MM seconds and eventualy buy a Celtic theamed pear burl pipe from pipe maker Author Garmanov from the Ukraine. That's gona set me back $45 shipped. He has other pipes I like as well but I think about $50 is the most I would be willing to spend when cobs smoke nicely and are inexpensive. I will be scouring the estate sales this summer for sure though!

Most I've spent is $250 for my Castello. Next in line are my Cavicchis at around $170 a pop. And yes, they smoke better than the cheaper pipes I have. The Cavicchis, at least; the Castello was a bit of a disappointment, though just a bit.

Would I spend $20,000 on a pipe, if such a thing were in my budget (and it would have to be one hell of a budget, let me tell you!)? Maybe. But not that pipe.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by iggy_jet View Post
    My understanding of a pipe is that it's a tool.
    I know some look better then others and some have more expensive materials, but it's still a tool for smoking.
    A wrench is a tool for tightening nuts. Some people will settle for whatever is at Harbor Freight, some have to have Craftsman, and some won't settle for less than Snap-On.
    ********.com

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

I spent $160 on a mario grandi giant. Was it worth it? Maybe? It's a great pipe and I have no regrets so that's all that matters.

My Dunhill Group 2 Billiard was $171, and I love it so much. It's by far my favorite smoker. Most of the others I own were $100 or less. I do have my eye out for just the right Cavicchi, but haven't found my sole mate yet...

Would I pay $20,000 for a pipe, maybe if I was filthy rich and bored...

$460.00
    A bit out of my comfort zone, but I wanted the pipe.
    I prolly wouldn't go any higher.
    Imagine how ya'd feel if ya dropped a thousand dollar pipe.
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Hold your socks, I have two:
    $9.99 Missouri Meershaum Diplomat Fifth Avenue Bent

and, wait for it...
    $9.99 Missouri Meershaum Diplomat Apple Bent

Oh, plus shipping!

These fine HTF puppies deserved to have their names spelled out in their entirety.........

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast