Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

My first restain - definately room fro improvement. :)

This is a discussion on My first restain - definately room fro improvement. :) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I have done minimal attempts at refurbing pipes, removing oxidation from stems mostly, but never a total restain. I soaked ...

My first restain - definately room fro improvement. :)

I have done minimal attempts at refurbing pipes, removing oxidation from stems mostly, but never a total restain. I soaked the bowl in everclear for a few hours then sanded it down with 400grit and then 600grit. I used Feibings British Tan leather dye. After the first coat I thought it looked amazing. I then did a second coat and put a match to it for about 3 seconds. I noticed after this that there were now some dark spots that I wasnt happy with. I dont know if this was from the burn or putting to much stain on it. It is also possible I guess that I didnt get all of the stain off to begin with. Anyway, here is the finished product. Now I need to decide what to do with the dang thing - ideas are welcomed. (woot - I spelled for wrong!!)

Name:  97f294fb-4b4c-4b0e-8ae3-1dcb3fba8068wallpaper.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  54.0 KB
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Re: My first restain - definately room fro improvement. :)

I don't see anything wrong with it. Looks good to me. If you are looking for something to do with it you could always donate it to someone who doesn't yet have a pipe of this design...**cough, cough**

Otherwise...I'd put some baccy in it and smoke the heck out of it!

I'd be happy smoking that for sure.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

From what I understand you want to heat the wood befor staining. Apparently this helps the stain get absorbed better

How is the pipe Chris? I haven't seen any comments which leads me to think it might be a stinker.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Actually it smokes pretty d@mn good! I've only used it a couple times but I like it.

I feel like an @ss for not posting anything about it. My camera died and I completely forgot about it after I finally got a new one. Give me a day or two and I'll post some pics.