Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help Pick out my "Ladies Pipe"

This is a discussion on Help Pick out my "Ladies Pipe" within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I'm not 100% sure what would qualify a pipe as "feminine", but here are a few attempts: Mario Grandi makes ...

Re: Help Pick out my "Ladies Pipe"

I'm not 100% sure what would qualify a pipe as "feminine", but here are a few attempts:

Mario Grandi makes some interesting designs, some of which might qualify as feminine:
    Pipe Mario Grandi Italy Briar Smooth Fiammata Free Hand New Pipes | eBay

I'm not 100% if you would consider the previous pipe feminine, but it is gorgeous and if you don't buy it soon, it may not be available (I'm trying very hard not to bid on it since I already have 2 Mario Grandi pipes and I bought another last week which is still in transit). Just look at the unusual yet somewhat delicate shape, blonde coloring, nice metalwork...

If you can find one, how about the Peterson Beligique: Belgique and Calabash Briars

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Clearly, you need a Butz Choquin Ladies Pipe. They are the only manufacturer I know of who still produce a model called a "Ladies" pipe...

Just for laughs, here are a couple of lady specific pipes from a manufacturer who is sadly no longer current.
    I believe I found the pipe, stateside, and will add your candidate and vote. Here it is in an elegant black. The "other site" has it available in TTecheTTe's "Texas Tech Red:"
    Butz Choquin Star MiniChurchwarden 6205 Black
    BC Star MiniChurchwarden 6205 Black | Chicago's Pipe, Cigar & Tobacco Store | Iwan Ries & Co.

I also believe this will also fit into a T&Co cosmetic bag, which I've been considering as my pipe pouch: Tiffany & Co. | Item | Cosmetics bag in platinum grain leather, medium. More colors available. | United States

I think @drastic_quench might approve of your choice, even though it is not canted. I did want a Butz Choquin, but found them all to be too masculine for an evening pipe. However, @Tobias Lutz was able find a Butz Choquin that is fun & flirty, perfect for a day out or casual evening.

BTW, nice pipes! Black Swan says that "Ladies Pipes" are not just for women!

And, while searching for this pipe, looky here at what I found: Pipes for Women

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

The Calabash is Peterson's take on a ladies pipe.

Might fit the bill.

Oppps... I seen Jeff beat me to it. Here's a pic for those interested, though. The calabashes, and the Tankard, Belq. etc. come around once or twice a year, so if anyone is interested they'll be back. They are a good deal in a way. Usually very nice quality briar and construction for a Pete in their price ranges.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

vote for: Altinok Maria's Cobra

The more I look at that Mario Grandi I posted, the less feminine it looks.

Still, a lot of the Italian pipes have an artistic side to them that would make them good pipes for women.

How about the Savinelli Oscar, especially in smooth and especially the lucite or tiger, and especially in the smaller shapes like the 315 or 207?

Savinelli Oscar Tiger Rustic Briar Pipe 207 Tobacco Pipe | eBay
    Savinelli Oscar Tiger Smooth Briar Pipe 207 Tobacco Pipe | eBay
    Savinelli Oscar Lucite 315 KS Pipe New | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Except for the bent stem, this is nearly identical to a red Charatan for which I'm bidding on eBay.

"UT" Orange; Hook em Horns! Thank you!
    There, fixed it for you!
    Wrap Your Ass in Fiberglass
    Drive a VETTE

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

I 2nd the Grandi's as I have had 8 or so and they all smoked really well. Plus, some the designs are really quite feminine/ artsy and you don't usually see those characteristics in that price range. The modern shapes keep some purists away, but draw the younger crowds.

Thank you all, especially @IBEW I will update the voting today if my fingers are more cooperative. I did find this great beauty that I would like to add, but the Anne Julies are way out of my price point! Anne Julie Flower

Over the past few days I've been seeing Savinelli Ginger's Favorite pipes online and I keep thinking about this thread. Nice looking, long pipes along the lines of the Bing's Favorite and Clark's Favorite lines, but more feminine. Very pretty pipes;

Savinelli Ginger's Favorite Pipe Gallery. Huge Selection!

Young Puffer Fish

Funny, I was also going to suggest something like Ginger's Favourite as well. I think something about the swirled bit that makes it look a little unusual. If it helps any, I'd also like to throw some support behind the meer double-stem you posted.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I'm going to go with d_q's Askwith...for the same reasons that he mentions.

Ladies pipe
    No, I don't need a feminine pipe, I just want one, just one!  A lovely pipe for the night on the town, an elegant evening at home or something casual that is flirty and fun!

No rules, other than vote or nominate, which will also count as your vote.  You may make as many nominations as you wish.  Your vote/nomination should reflect your opinion of either or both of:
    - a pipe that you would find attractive on a lady
    - a pipe that strikes you as particularly feminine

Please vote for one of the following candidates or nominate your own!  

The candidates (or, perhaps, contestants of "Miss Pipe Beautiful") are:

4  votes for  A:  Altinok Maria's Cobra

Altinok Pipes® - ME570 Maria's Cobra

1  votes for  B:  IMP 126 - Double Stem
    Altinok Pipes® - IMP126 IMP 126 - Double Stem

2  votes for  C:  Askwith Sandblasted Swept Belge   @drastic_quench
    Askwith Sandblasted Swept Belge Pipes at Smoking Pipes .com

1  votes for  D:  Red Peterson Killarney 03   @Commander Quan
    Peterson Killarney Red 03 Tobacco Pipe PLIP

1  votes for  E:  Butz-Choquin ASTRAL Pipe 1604 Billiard   @Tobias Lutz
    Blue:  Butz-Choquin ASTRAL Pipe 1604 Billiard
    Red/Pink:  http://www.synjeco.ch/pataall/pipe/bcqpic/bcq014l.jpg

1  votes for  F:  Butz Choquin Star MiniChurchwarden 6205 @steinr
    BC Star MiniChurchwarden 6205 Black | Chicago's Pipe, Cigar & Tobacco Store | Iwan Ries & Co.

1  votes for  G:  MARIO GRANDI BRIAR SMOOTH FIAMMATA FREE HAND @Jeff10236
    Pipe Mario Grandi Italy Briar Smooth Fiammata Free Hand New Pipes | eBay

2  votes for  H:  Peterson Beligique @Jeff10236
    Belgique and Calabash Briars

1  votes for  I:  Savinelli Oscar Tiger Rustic @Jeff10236
    Savinelli Oscar Tiger Rustic Briar Pipe 207 Tobacco Pipe | eBay

1  votes for  J:  Savinelli Oscar Tiger @Jeff10236
    Savinelli Oscar Tiger Smooth Briar Pipe 207 Tobacco Pipe | eBay

1  votes for  K:  Savinelli Oscar Lucite @Jeff10236
    Savinelli Oscar Lucite 315 KS Pipe New | eBay

2  votes for L: Savinelli Ginger's Favorite @scopawl
    Savinelli Ginger's Favorite Pipe Gallery. Huge Selection!
    Savinelli Ginger's Favorite Rusticated (104) (6mm) Pipes at Smoking Pipes .com

0  votes for M:  _  

Thanks for your assistance and participation!

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Don't know Mari might choose, but I'd be happy with just about everyone of them. Tough choice to make dear.
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

I prefer the double stem meer as well. The others are nice too, but it has a clean, elegant look to it that seems like it would work better. I like the fact that the meer is more fragile as well (although not all ladies are!)

Hey, if I was dressed up in drag, I'd smoke it.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Altinok: Maria's Cobra
    Altinok Pipes® - ME570 Maria's Cobra

Gets my vote!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2