Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What do you do while you pipe?

This is a discussion on What do you do while you pipe? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; The pipe is my end of day ritual. Nothing dare follow it save sleep (maybe milk and cookies). In the ...

Re: What do you do while you pipe?

The pipe is my end of day ritual. Nothing dare follow it save sleep (maybe milk and cookies).

In the summer spring and fall, when the weather is nice, I just sit on my balconey and relax.

The rest of the time it's good late night tv. I've gone through all the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes, all the BBC's LeCarre mini series, Sandbaggers, and now Danger Man. Running out of mystery and spy shows! Even been watching some Maigret in french. Almost through with Breaking BAd and Boardwalk Empire as well.

Sometimes I read.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish bigdaddychester's Avatar

Like most others, my time for my pipe usually comes at the end of the day. I find myself just enjoying the quiet solitude, catching up on something I've DVR'd, or surfing the net. If I'm out doing some field work for my job, then I'll always have a few pipes with me to enjoy.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

Listen to Vinyl Cafe on CBC.CA

Newbie in the ocean

As little as possible. I prefer to sit doing nothing.

Dance naked to the glory of the Horned One. This is about Pan Piping, right?
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by Foggymountain View Post
    What he said. I might read a bit, but nothing serious. Sometimes while walking my dogs. I look at the act of pipe smoking itself as a relaxing activity most of the time.
    It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post

I need watching TV and throwing darts emoticons!
    Jim, you need damn near every emoticon besides a sleeping emoticon to answer this question!

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Dance naked to the glory of the Horned One. This is about Pan Piping, right?
    It's a sad, sad world when I can't bury you in RG for this.

I prefer to whistle while I work. I'm not one to devote much thought to many of my smokes, I puff on a pipe while I study or do any other sort of work outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggymountain View Post
    That's something I need to start doing again; the best bowls I've had occurred when the pipe was the focus, not an afterthought.
    ********.com

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I almost always have a bowl during my commute, but I prefer to smoke a bowl on my porch and look at the mountains and meditate.

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

1. Sitting on the back porch, enjoying a cup of coffee, or a pot of tea, looking at my mountain, and listening to the wilderness sounds, especially at night. Or sometimes, starting a fire in the firepit outside, and doing the same. Or maybe out fishing (definitely fishing....).

2. Writing (I am a writer).

3. Reading, especially studying.

Its been said, " A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth".
    I find myself concerned about that occasionally but mostly enjoy the quiet puffing while thinking about stuff or reading about stuff. I find writing is so intense I forget to puff and then I drool on my goatee.

Well, since my wife and I just picked up a little old house on 10 acres, I've been finding myself sitting on my new back porch lately looking at the barn and the pond while thinking about all the work I have the rest of my life to do.

lounge around, smoke, listen to Bach
    MMM PUFF PUFF

Either hang out with friends or read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by madbricky View Post
    Its been said, " A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth".
    I find myself concerned about that occasionally but mostly enjoy the quiet puffing while thinking about stuff or reading about stuff. I find writing is so intense I forget to puff and then I drool on my goatee.
    I find I do that without a pipe.
    It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast