Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

View Poll Results: PS Luxury ? Flake Favorite

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bullseye

9 37.50%
  • Navy

8 33.33%
  • Twist

7 29.17%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poll: PS Luxury Bullseye, Twist, or Navy?

This is a discussion on Poll: PS Luxury Bullseye, Twist, or Navy? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Early on in reading pipe forums, I had the impression that Twist Flake was the majority favorite. Of late, it ...

Poll: PS Luxury Bullseye, Twist, or Navy?

Early on in reading pipe forums, I had the impression that Twist Flake was the majority favorite. Of late, it seems that few smoke or order it. Pic after jpg after gif after url of Bullseye Flake and Navy Flake, but I cannot remember the last time I saw Twist Flake, among the most photogenic of tobaccos (and far lovelier than its siblings).

If you have tried all three, pick a favorite. Please, only those who have tried all three should vote.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Re: Poll: PS Luxury Bullseye, Twist, or Navy?

None of them are in my top picks, but I have all three and the Navy just seems richer, but it is no Escudo or St. James Flake.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    None of them are in my top picks, but I have all three and the Navy just seems richer, but it is no Escudo or St. James Flake.
    None of them get into my top ten, either, but the idea was to pick which one was your favorite. I suppose I picked the wrong word, and should have asked for a choice as to the best of the three -- even if you hated them all without reserve. This looks as if it could be the first poll ever with no respondents.

Sorry Jim, I responded... I like twist best of the three, but my go to Stokkebye is Cube Cut. Pretty sure I may be in the minority on that one though.

Puffer Fish with some spikes houncer's Avatar

I never had Bullseye but I love me some Navy Flake! Since I didn't have bullseye I didn't vote; just threw my useless 2 cents in.

Quote Originally Posted by houncer View Post
    I never had Bullseye but I love me some Navy Flake! Since I didn't have bullseye I didn't vote; just threw my useless 2 cents in.
    Looks as if Navy Flake is pulling ahead of the field at the moment, so you're apparently in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Looks as if Navy Flake is pulling ahead of the field at the moment, so you're apparently in good company.
    I like LTF just a wee dram better than LNF so bumped it up
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

I have all 3 in fact I have over 6 pounds of LNF. I really prefer navy flake, bulleye comes a close 2nd. LTF is a distant last.
    funny when I 1st took up the pipe, I really really enjoyed LTF, guess my pallet has changed heh

Bullseye tastes like a cheap cigarette to me thus far... I've only smoked two bowls. And I hope it grows on me.... But wow.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

I have a bunch of Bullseye aging and it seems to get really good after a year or so. I really like the stuff, I'm surprised I'm the only one!

Escudo and St. James Flake are my top Virginias and Vapers, followed closely by (in order) PS LBF, LNF and LTF.

I have some bulleye that fast approaching a year, hope it's as good as you say

Young Puffer Fish

Twist!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Zeabed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    I have a bunch of Bullseye aging and it seems to get really good after a year or so. I really like the stuff, I'm surprised I'm the only one!
    You're not the only one to harbor such an opinion. I prefer Bullseye, but will caveat by noting that all of mine has had some time in my cellar jars. So +1 on the aging point you made.
    I sure like those French fried taters. Mmm jhmm.

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    I have all 3 in fact I have over 6 pounds of LNF. I really prefer navy flake, bulleye comes a close 2nd. LTF is a distant last.
    funny when I 1st took up the pipe, I really really enjoyed LTF, guess my pallet has changed heh
    All I have tried is the LTF, and unfortunately I went through the same change.
    ********.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast