Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Your Favorite Meerschaum?

This is a discussion on Your Favorite Meerschaum? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Wow, that is really cool! I didn't know meers could do that!...

Re: Your Favorite Meerschaum?

Wow, that is really cool! I didn't know meers could do that!

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

Ebay, no brand. Hand-carved in Turkey. It's my only real meerschaum pipe.

is peering in your window Hemsworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    My favourite Meer is the one my wife is smoking while I enjoy the view.
    Oooh...one of those Meerschaum mini's. I've heard about them! Fit right in your shirt pocket, they say!

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsworth View Post
    Oooh...one of those Meerschaum mini's. I've heard about them! Fit right in your shirt pocket, they say!
    BaaaaHaaaHaaahaaa! Ummmm....I think I'm the one "in the pocket".....as per usual.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

It's been a long time, my namesake from the other side of the world. Hope all is well!

Quote Originally Posted by Hemsworth View Post
    It's been a long time, my namesake from the other side of the world. Hope all is well!
    My doppleganger arises again! LOL.

P.S. I'm still better looking.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    My doppleganger arises again! LOL.

P.S. I'm still better looking.
    I could be just as pretty if I just wore a little makeup.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Remember this one from up the page a bit?

My favorite (okay, my only) meerschaum came back from the shop today with a nice new stem and a FAR better connector.

The fit is PERFECT, snugger than I could have imagined, whereas before it was a bit on the wobbly side. As a bonus, a fluffy pipe cleaner now runs clear through to the bowl with ease. I'm about to go out and give it some Royal Yacht - I've been waiting weeks to smoke some. The meer is looking a bit dry - see if this will bring a little color back to it.

Many thanks to Ronni at NightOwl Pipeworks (plug: http://www.nightowlpipeworks.com/home/index.html )

I'm happy!
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Remember this one from up the page a bit?
    I certainly do. Its appearance has been missed.

My favorite (okay, my only) meerschaum came back from the shop today with a nice new stem and a FAR better connector.
    Looks like a nylon liner for the mortice and a stainless steel tenon. I bullied a mate into doing a similar job for me on a briar with a broken tenon and I've had absolutley no trouble with it.

I like the new stem you've specified. I'm not a fan of those ones with turned ornamentation on them - too "Danish".

I'm about to go out and give it some Royal Yacht - I've been waiting weeks to smoke some. The meer is looking a bit dry - see if this will bring a little color back to it.
    Maybe give it a little bit of wax. I've been feeding one of mine (it was dry for years) and the difference is astounding.

Enjoy!!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Puffer Fish with some spikes BrSpiritus's Avatar

The smooth billiard on the right is a favorite of mine, I've been smoking it with Capstan Blue lately...

This one is just gorgeous though. I love filling it with Grousemoor (if I had any) but it tends to smoke very wet. Might have to send it away to Terry's link so it can get a better fitting.

Both pipes belonged to my grandfather and were passed on to me when I took up pipe smoking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2