Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your Favorite Meerschaum?

This is a discussion on Your Favorite Meerschaum? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Just wondering what meerschaums y'all enjoy and if you'd post a pic of your favorite and where you bought it. ...

Young Fish

Angry Your Favorite Meerschaum?

Just wondering what meerschaums y'all enjoy and if you'd post a pic of your favorite and where you bought it. Thanks!

Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: Your Favorite Meerschaum?

I've got two favorites, an Altinok and an IMP. You can find new IMP on eBay from a good dealer there who is probably associated with the manufacturers, who don't sell directly to the public. Otherwise, smokingpipes.com has a range.

My Altinok is the same as the one displayed on this page: Altinok Pipes® - AG128 AutoGraph 128

Altinok pipes are great, at least the Autograph series. Some of the cheaper models require you to upgrade for a higher quality stem, which seems like it's worth it to me. Frankly, I'd recommend selecting from the "ready pipes" if you want to get your pipe soon, Altinok also does made to order, but it takes quite a lot of time, sometimes longer than predicted. From the reviews I've read, most people are happy with these two brands.
    If I could write poetry, I'd be a poet. I can't, so I smoke a pipe instead ....

Your Favorite Meerschaum?-missouri-meerschaum-legend-corncob.jpg

I get them at Rite Aid.

Your Favorite Meerschaum?-p3280043.jpg

Here's mine, an Altinok.
    ********.com

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3280043.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	76258

Here's mine, an Altinok.
    Looks like a well-cherished pipe. I notice that they go brown unevenly, usually dark near the stem, like yours.
    If I could write poetry, I'd be a poet. I can't, so I smoke a pipe instead ....

You can see it? Good; I still can't!
    ********.com

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

I have 2 IMPs. Both are excellent quality craftsmanship and smoke well. The one is a XXL full bent Bulldog, I doubt I will ever get it completely color just because of it's size. I think I may need the Russian army's help.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan View Post
    Looks like a well-cherished pipe. I notice that they go brown unevenly, usually dark near the stem, like yours.
    The don't have to, if you care to do something about it.

DIY Meerschaum Coloring Bowls
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

Newbie in the ocean

Mine is from the Peterson Sherlock Holmes series, the Baker Street bulldog. Peterson meers have the best plumbing I have seen on these pipes.

An old Straight Pot of medium size. A no-name second probably originally carved as a Barling on the Isle of Man. My first meerschaum from over 30 years ago and still in regular use (with a long gap.)
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

I have been wanting to get a meerschaum, do you guys recommend any meerschaum makers or websites that sell them?

Well, I'm an Altinok fan, obvously. Baki is also recommended by many.
    ********.com

My favourite Meer is the one my wife is smoking while I enjoy the view.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I've only got one meer, a no-name I got from Marty Pulver many moons ago. Long story, and two beeswax baths later, it's pretty blotchy when cool. But check out how it turns to butterscotch with a little (well, actually a big bowl) Royal Yacht in today's mighty fine pipe weather:

You can actually smell the beeswax in the "room" note - nice. Not bad for about $45.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Same meer smoked on the commute home today - again with Royal Yacht. The rim becomes translucent when heated (see second shot below), and the sides were almost oozing beeswax -

If you've never pampered your meerschaum with a fresh bath of wax, give it a shot.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast