Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

It finally happened!

This is a discussion on It finally happened! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Friday night I was smoking Ruins of Isengard in my Gandalf pipe (yeah I'm a LOTR fan, so what! lol) ...

It finally happened!

Friday night I was smoking Ruins of Isengard in my Gandalf pipe (yeah I'm a LOTR fan, so what! lol) and I wasn't really paying any attention to the bowl until it went out. After three tries relighting I finally figured out why it wouldn't relight...it was all gone! I had smoked it all down to a fine ash with only two relights near the beginning, no tamping, and no dumping of ash! I gotta say I got a little silly! Of course that may or may not have been the alcohol speaking!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Re: It finally happened!

I love Ruins of Isengard and LOTR, so alcohol or no that sounds like a mighty fine smoke to me!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Sounds like a very rewarding smoke. Cheers!

I haven't tried any of the R.O.I. yet but with a name like that... I must!

Congratulations on a wonderful bowlfull
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Sounds like it's worth a try. Any particular reason why you would recommend a glass pipe, or were you just kidding?
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    Friday night I was smoking Ruins of Isengard in my Gandalf pipe (yeah I'm a LOTR fan, so what! lol) and I wasn't really paying any attention to the bowl until it went out. After three tries relighting I finally figured out why it wouldn't relight...it was all gone! I had smoked it all down to a fine ash with only two relights near the beginning, no tamping, and no dumping of ash! I gotta say I got a little silly! Of course that may or may not have been the alcohol speaking!
    LMAO. I seem to be doing the same thing more often (sober as well). Like trying to relight and going "WTH?". Nothing like getting it right.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Sounds like it's worth a try. Any particular reason why you would recommend a glass pipe, or were you just kidding?
    Ummmm....it was my Gandalf pipe. What made you think I was smoking a glass pipe? lol

Name:  MQ-01.png
Views: 2143
Size:  15.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    What made you think I was smoking a glass pipe? lol
    I was wondering the same thing. I suspect a joke of some sort coming on, and I'll be embarrassed that I didn't catch it.

Congrats!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Guess I've been fooled lol. I wasn't familiar with their brand and they don't just make wooden pipes
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

It's ok Jack! I'll forgive you...this time! lol

I got the pipe from a medieval arts online store. The guy who actually makes them had a wait list 7 months long and the online store had it in stock. Cost me a touch more but I didn't have to wait 7 months either!