Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Will my flavor for English blends return to me?

This is a discussion on Will my flavor for English blends return to me? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So I've only been smoking again in earnest for about a year, but about a month ago I got a ...

Will my flavor for English blends return to me?

So I've only been smoking again in earnest for about a year, but about a month ago I got a large supply of English blends and loved the first 2-3 smokes and then slowly lost flavor.

Lately when I pack my pipe with some Epiphany or Squadron Leader I end up dumping it out after just a few puffs.

Is this my flavor changing (I used to love me some English, even two months ago) permanently or will it come back to me? I've heard some folks say their flavors change seasonally.

I've fallen more and more in love with all things virginia. and since the discovery of SG FVF I'm afraid of never wanting to smoke anything else... I DO smoke other things, but only because my FVF supply is MUCH too small....

Have you lost flavor and gained it back before? Or is this my flavor buds turning on me, and my large supply of English blends....?

Re: Will my flavor for English blends return to me?

YES!!!!!!!!!!

I go through this regularly. I'll be smoking a favorite like Balkan Sasieni, and all of a sudden, it's just air. I stick to Virginias for a few months, and try again, and the flavor comes back. It's very frustrating, but at least I know I'm not the only one. Alternating a bowl of virginia or burley between english blends seems to help stretch out the "flavorful" periods, at least so far.
    ********.com

I go through that when I smoke english blends. But it only for 24 hrs. my taste buds are dulled. I can go back to my virginias and have no problem. only after that 24 cool down period. Not a big fan of english at all. Burley same. Virginia/burley blends are interesting. espically stony

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

weather also has something to do with that. English blends imho are better for cooler weathers

I hope so! I stopped smoking Latakia a couple of years ago.
    I have a substantial quantity of quality English blends in stock.
    If my Lat Lust doesn't return, I'll have to start tradin' em off.
    (Any offers for a big trade? I like VAs and VA/Pers.)
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

no chance in hell Hermit, I rather like my VA's and Va/pers thank you very much

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

I suffer the same. I'll only smoke a bowl of heavy English blends every other day or so.