Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

On personal blending...

This is a discussion on On personal blending... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; To quote Sir Henry: "If a thing is worth doing, it is worth forcing someone else to do it."...

Re: On personal blending...

To quote Sir Henry:

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth forcing someone else to do it."
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    To quote Sir Henry:

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth forcing someone else to do it for you."
    fixed
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    fixed
    Ah, my hero -- Alfred Doolittle:

The Lord above gave man an arm of iron So he could do his job and never shirk.
    The Lord gave man an arm of iron-but
    With a little bit of luck,
    With a little bit of luck,
    Someone else'll do the blinkin' work!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    To quote Sir Henry:

"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth forcing someone else to do it."
    fixed
    Oh contraire. Sir Henry is known for the brevity of his comment and not for the exactness of his grammar. However, I will consult the original to be sure...

"I want my meat burnt like Saint Joan. Bring me Calvin's mustards and viscious horseradish to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's lancers."
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Equal portions of PA SWR and 5B is my favourite morning pipe. Also great to mix some nice combustible burley with stout slow burners like ropes. Give it a try, what's to be lost?
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

I did try making beer once. And it was no fun at all.
    You used a "Mr Beer" didn't you? LMAO.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Actually, I did take a short sojourn into actual blending a few years back. Got some perique, Latakia, cubed burley, a few of the bulk McClelland Virginias...never had anything worthwhile come of it. I used up the perique adding it to the Paper Plate Potpourri and whatever nonsense was in the pouch at the time. Still have the Latakia and big containers of plain burley. I am a tobacco blending failure. Tobacco mixing, however, seems both easy and worthwhile. as long as the mixes make sense. Not much point in combining Nightcap with Frog Morton, for example, and I'm sure both would suffer from encounter.
    Haha Frog Morton Goodnight.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Aaahhh those things are an abomination upon mankind. Not having fun making beer? You are aware drinking at the same time is mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewdk View Post
    Aaahhh those things are an abomination upon mankind. Not having fun making beer? You are aware drinking at the same time is mandatory?
    ROTFLMAO.....
    You are aware drinking at the same time is mandatory?
    This!......in spades....well, glasses anyway.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Jogi's Avatar

I've mixed tobaccos once in a while, but it usually ended up worse than the individual tobaccos...

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post

But my neighbor/friend? The dude's a master brewer. He makes what he refers to a red Pilsner, that he likes to compare to Chimay red label. I say it's pretty damn close. That's why I don't bother brewing beer LOL
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Are there any Carter Hall fans in the house? I read alot about how well this burly blends.

Are there any Carter Hall fans in the house? I read alot about how well this burly blends.
    I are one. For me, the Big Three are PA, CH and SWR. SWR is the codger burley version of flake.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

I took several dried out tobaccos I had and mixed them all together. Then I added whiskey with a little bit of honey dissolved in it to rehydrate it as well as add a little extra flavor and sweetness. Turned out amazing. I'm getting flavors from the mixed aromatics that weren't originally there. Less than a teaspoon of honey and 1/4 oz of whiskey in 4 oz of tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post
    I took several dried out tobaccos I had and mixed them all together. Then I added whiskey with a little bit of honey dissolved in it to rehydrate it as well as add a little extra flavor and sweetness. Turned out amazing. I'm getting flavors from the mixed aromatics that weren't originally there. Less than a teaspoon of honey and 1/4 oz of whiskey in 4 oz of tobacco.
    wow, that sounds like a really wet mixture. Tell us more please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast