Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confession is good for the soul...

This is a discussion on Confession is good for the soul... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; OK, let's admit it. Many of us have at least one pipe that is so hideous that you wouldn't smoke ...

Confession is good for the soul...

OK, let's admit it. Many of us have at least one pipe that is so hideous that you wouldn't smoke it in private, let alone public. Whether a gift from an over-enthusiastic friend or relative, an accidental click on the internet, a drunken dare or just poor taste, we do have these monstrosities.

I offer an opportunity for catharsis. Post your moose. Perhaps not proudly, but at least in good company. Here's my own particular favourite shame:

Attachment 76509.

My excuse is that it came unbidden as a bonus with a lot from eBay.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Re: Confession is good for the soul...

Confession is good for the soul...-p4080044.jpgConfession is good for the soul...-p4080045.jpg

I don't know what you'd call this shape, but since it's impossible to smoke, it doesn't really matter. The cork, yes, CORK bowl is meerschaum lined, and the stem is so small you couldn't get a ball point pen refill in it, let alone a pipe cleaner. Whoever had it last actually managed to smoke a bowl somehow, but there's no way I'm going to try. It just looked so stupid in the antique store that I had to have it.
    ********.com

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Here's my own particular favourite shame:

Attachment 76509.
    I dunno... I rather like that one. I could easily see myself sitting on the porch smoking that whilst giving funny looks to passersby.

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    I dunno... I rather like that one. I could easily see myself sitting on the porch smoking that whilst giving funny looks to passersby.
    I looked up the maker of this "lovely thing". What little there is on t'internet indicates that this may have been around for over 90 years; no-one has as yet deemed it possible to smoke it.

Perhaps if I put on my lederhosen I'll get the inspiration needed. Judging from this pipe the Germans are a strange and cruel nation...

(Or perhaps the Swiss - I thought they would be more neutral.)
    Last edited by steinr1; 04-08-2013 at 02:34 PM.

I can't do pictures, but I have a pipe that was given me by an elderly (older than me!) lady. It had been her husband's who had long since passed away. It is an ugly rusticated squat thing about five inches long and the bowl is about an inch and a half inside diameter. The stem is over 3/4 of an inch across at the button. It looked like he smoked it once, and I smoked it once. That was enough.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

I am likewise mystified by it.

Apparently I can't do pictures either. Can't seem to get attachments to work here, and can't seem to be able to upload anything to photobucket anymore. I've become an elderly technophobe overnight...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4080044.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	76510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4080045.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	76511
    ********.com

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Apparently I can't do pictures either. Can't seem to get attachments to work here, and can't seem to be able to upload anything to photobucket anymore. I've become an elderly technophobe overnight...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4080044.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	76510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4080045.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	76511
    Well, Mark, I can see the images you post, even if you can't.
    If I could write poetry, I'd be a poet. I can't, so I smoke a pipe instead ....

I can see them now, six hours later...
    ********.com

Strange. I can't find the edit button. My post was supposed to quote steinr1.

To All Puff Pipers:

We are the League of Ugly Pipes. We will not stand for this public humiliation. We give this warning on this thread: Your edits and attachments will become more and more difficult until this heartless shaming ceases. We will expand our operations to adjacent threads, in particular those containing "attractive" pipes, i.e., those with no interest or character. Stop at once or suffer the consequences.

------------------------> The League of Ugly Pipes
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Frankenpipe says "Bring it on!"

Confession is good for the soul...-dscf6093.jpg

I am an ugly piper. Those pictured would only make me fugly.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    To All Puff Pipers: We are the League of Ugly Pipes. We will not stand for this public humiliation.
    We are the 0.2%?
    If I could write poetry, I'd be a poet. I can't, so I smoke a pipe instead ....

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    OK, let's admit it. Many of us have at least one pipe that is so hideous that you wouldn't smoke it in private, let alone public. Whether a gift from an over-enthusiastic friend or relative, an accidental click on the internet, a drunken dare or just poor taste, we do have these monstrosities.

I offer an opportunity for catharsis. Post your moose. Perhaps not proudly, but at least in good company. Here's my own particular favourite shame:

My excuse is that it came unbidden as a bonus with a lot from eBay.
    I dont know anything about pipes but this thing looks industrious. It has character in its own way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast