Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I hope this place regains something soon

This is a discussion on I hope this place regains something soon within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes OK, here's my attempt at adding discourse to this thread. The question is.. "Do you ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Re: I hope this place regains something soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    OK, here's my attempt at adding discourse to this thread. The question is..
    "Do you think there is anyone on the world (lets include historical figures to keep it interesting) who could beat Jim (Freestoke) in an Ennderdale Flake smoking contest?

I would greatly like to hear points on both sides of this massively important issue.

-Mycroft
    I would plead no contest!
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

"Do you think there is anyone on the world (lets include historical figures to keep it interesting) who could beat Jim (Freestoke) in an Ennderdale Flake smoking contest?

I would greatly like to hear points on both sides of this massively important issue.

-Mycroft

Interesting... Unfortuntely, me being the self proclaimed "pipe dummy" I am, cannot add anything of any substantial value to this question.

I like eggs too, however.

I myself like to add a bit of Tobasco, or Texas Pete for the spice.
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

I still Like Eggs

and Bacon !!!

-Mycroft
    What are the stakes? I've made myself sick in more pointless competitions than this in the past. I simply need the right motivation...

In any case, I too plead no contest. I award the trophy to the French in general. I contend that any given true Frenchman would be immune to Ennerdale given long exposure to French whores' boudoirs. This tobacco would be like a breath of fresh air to them.

Vive les Rosbifs!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

I had an interesting (non-pipe related event). Went to one of my local B&M Cigar Bars, they have NO pipe stuff. Reason I went was they were having a Drew Estate event. One of the co-owners was there and they were having deals on their cigars. I planned to get there early, it was from 4 - 8. So I arrive at 4:15 and it was packed. I grabbed the last box of Natural NDBs and a box of Natural English cigars. They gave me a free travel humidor, a Drew Estate cigar cutter, a free 6 pack of Natural English and a free 6 pack of Natural NDBs. Most cigars I've ever had in my life. Had to buy some containers and the stuff to humidify them. I hung around until about 7:30 and then went home. When I got home the phone rang and it was the cigar bar informing me that I was the grand prize winner. I didn't even know they were having a drawing. Apparently when you purchased something they put your name on a ticket for the drawing later. I won more free cigars, 6 pack of Toast Acid cigars, a hat, a shirt, another travel humidor and a $100 perter ashtray (I wouldn't spend that damn much on an ashtray).

Oh, and I'm older and fatter!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone1 View Post
    I had an interesting (non-pipe related event). Went to one of my local B&M Cigar Bars, they have NO pipe stuff. Reason I went was they were having a Drew Estate event. One of the co-owners was there and they were having deals on their cigars. I planned to get there early, it was from 4 - 8. So I arrive at 4:15 and it was packed. I grabbed the last box of Natural NDBs and a box of Natural English cigars. They gave me a free travel humidor, a Drew Estate cigar cutter, a free 6 pack of Natural English and a free 6 pack of Natural NDBs. Most cigars I've ever had in my life. Had to buy some containers and the stuff to humidify them. I hung around until about 7:30 and then went home. When I got home the phone rang and it was the cigar bar informing me that I was the grand prize winner. I didn't even know they were having a drawing. Apparently when you purchased something they put your name on a ticket for the drawing later. I won more free cigars, 6 pack of Toast Acid cigars, a hat, a shirt, another travel humidor and a $100 perter ashtray (I wouldn't spend that damn much on an ashtray).

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone1
    Oh, and I'm older and fatter!
    And congrats!
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    I award the trophy to the French in general. I contend that any given true Frenchman would be immune to Ennerdale given long exposure to French whores' boudoirs. This tobacco would be like a breath of fresh air to them.
    I yield to the French.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

-Mycroft
    Great topic, Mycroft! I'll take Jim hands down. He could best any challenger in such a contest. Engaging in such a contest would be akin to challenging your brother to a contest in detective work. Heck, I'll even even lay points, or perhaps I should say a couple of bowls. Even with a two bowl head start Jim would take them down!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

There is an aardvaark on the roof here.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

As for the little squabbles among friends we sometimes see here, I'm am always reminded of this:

“The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    There is an aardvaark on the roof here.
    Warren, this has got to be the most interesting and unusual post I have ever seen on Puff. Aardvarks on the Roof. Sounds like the name of a band, or at least an album.

Quote Originally Posted by UBAH View Post
    I Like Eggs
    I just laughed out loud at this... Almost lost my pipe!

Full grown Puffer Fish Couch_Incident's Avatar

My pants fell off today. It was a major travesty.

Couch

Quote Originally Posted by UBAH View Post
    I Like Eggs
    I like them (Ennerdale) green, with ham.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Heck I'll jump in:

Biscuits and gravy ROCK!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast