Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Help out a Fellow pipe puffer

This is a discussion on Help out a Fellow pipe puffer within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I am hoping that some of you can give me a hand. I recently made a trade on a pipe ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

Help out a Fellow pipe puffer

I am hoping that some of you can give me a hand. I recently made a trade on a pipe forum for 2 pipes and a Lighter. The trade value of the trade was about $600.00. I sent my end of the deal through and it was receive with out issue. The other party has not lived up to their end of the deal. It has been two months now, he has been banned from the forum for this trade but none of that helps me get either my stuff or the pipes I am owed back. The pipe of interest mostly is a Grant Batson Tormented Blow Fish. This is the first TBF Grant made. I have uploaded a photo that was sent to me. If anyone sees a user on the forums with this pipe please let me know. As he is banned from the site the transaction was on and is not returning emails I need to find another way to contact him or apply pressure.

Full grown Puffer Fish Couch_Incident's Avatar

Re: Help out a Fellow pipe puffer

I'm sorry to hear this man.

Couch

Details on the miscreant?
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Details on the miscreant?
    I do not want to tread into dangerous waters with the Mods or other fine folk who run this site. Here is a link to an announcement from the other site

Link

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

That's stinks and sorry to hear, D. Did he have a large no. of posts under his belt/ was an upstanding member up to this point? Maybe a small chance but his MIA could be due to a family emergency, etc. Hopefully it will end with something like that and you'll hear back soon. I believe you can always file a police report in the city where he lives, but others know more about this than me.

Do you have his name? Probably the best way to find him. If someone ****s me out of good money, I put his name out there.

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Was it Gradstudent???
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

No not grad student. His name on the other forum was cigarmonkey21 and in real life Jim Hujer in Wi.

Not sure if it helps but someone under the same handle is registered here.

Gun Owners Forum

Good luck tracking this asshat down Derrick, very poor form to say the least.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

He was also banned for bad trading from pipesmokersforum. Agree you should file a Legal complaint, and I would also sue in small claims court, since you have his name and addy. You may also have a case with the postal service if you sent it USPS; not sure since he failed to return ship but worth a try.

Just chipping in to encourage a legal angle on the guy, since it appears that he makes a habit of it. Might be a bit awkward suing from Canada, but I'd bet there's a way to prosecute it. Since you have his address, you might consider taking out an ad in his local newspaper, with a request that his friends encourage him to make good on his end of the bargain, to help him be a mensch, since you are sure they wouldn't want to think of him as a criminal -- you know, a public service announcement of some sort, trying to make the world a better place and all that.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney