Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Where are you buying online? (good reviews only)

This is a discussion on Where are you buying online? (good reviews only) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I usually order from smokingpipes.com and 4noggins although I sent a little business to pipesandcigars. I have to fight the ...

Re: Where are you buying online? (good reviews only)

I usually order from smokingpipes.com and 4noggins although I sent a little business to pipesandcigars.

I have to fight the knee-jerk reaction to demonize cigars int'l and whatever pipesandcigars becomes. Russ is a great blender and I'm a huge fan of his Anni Kake and Virginia Spice. I'm glad those blends will continue and that Russ has venue to introduce new blends. On the other hand, I always had great service from the former pipesandcigars and it feels like the already small pipe world is even smaller now.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RupturedDuck's Avatar

I noticed this from Russ at pipesmagazine.com:

"I want people who are attached to the clubs that we make tobaccos for to feel secure that the agreements we have in place with them go unchanged, and if anything, we expect their brands to grow greatly going forward.
    We have been fortunate to grow quite a bit in recent years, and were approaching the point where we would have had to make huge changes in our infrastructure, which would have been unwieldy at best, and very difficult, at worst. The current arrangement solves those problems and can only serve to benefit our customers. I understand the apprehension that goes with change. I’m making a big change myself, but if I didn’t feel that this move was going to benefit everyone concerned, I wouldn’t have stayed with Pipes and Cigars. Our customers have been incredibly supportive of us, and me in particular, over the years, and I hope that they will trust my word enough to believe that we will continue to deliver the experience they’ve come to enjoy, along with many additional plusses which you all will see in the weeks and months ahead.

Russ"

RD

Quote Originally Posted by RupturedDuck View Post
    I noticed this from Russ at pipesmagazine.com:

"I want people who are attached to the clubs that we make tobaccos for to feel secure that the agreements we have in place with them go unchanged, and if anything, we expect their brands to grow greatly going forward.
    We have been fortunate to grow quite a bit in recent years, and were approaching the point where we would have had to make huge changes in our infrastructure, which would have been unwieldy at best, and very difficult, at worst. The current arrangement solves those problems and can only serve to benefit our customers. I understand the apprehension that goes with change. I’m making a big change myself, but if I didn’t feel that this move was going to benefit everyone concerned, I wouldn’t have stayed with Pipes and Cigars. Our customers have been incredibly supportive of us, and me in particular, over the years, and I hope that they will trust my word enough to believe that we will continue to deliver the experience they’ve come to enjoy, along with many additional plusses which you all will see in the weeks and months ahead.

Russ"

RD
    Comforting, but I have to wonder about the people who supposedly lost their jobs. Maybe they didn't, but if they did, I remain very ambivalent. It has an air of corporate profiteering. "We'll make more money if we replace these guys with part time minimum wage earners." (And again, they could have been part time minimum wage earners to begin with, but still...)
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

I was wondering when some of the big cigar retailers were really going to go after some of the pipe money and not half ass it like they've been doing. Does not seem like it would be that hard to improve their product availability and start taking pipe related sales seriously, but what do I know?

Young Puffer Fish

Cup o joes, pipesandcigars, justforhim, cigar international, Bnbtobacco, and cigars dot com have all been great for me. All have very fast shipping and good customer service as far as I can tell.

And lest we forget... Cigars International is a division of Scandinavian Tobacco Group...
    Cigars International - Scandinavian Tobacco Group
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Comforting, but I have to wonder about the people who supposedly lost their jobs. Maybe they didn't, but if they did, I remain very ambivalent. It has an air of corporate profiteering. "We'll make more money if we replace these guys with part time minimum wage earners." (And again, they could have been part time minimum wage earners to begin with, but still...)
    I agree. If they were part time minimum wage earners, they were exceptional ones.
    ********.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2