Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where are you buying online? (good reviews only)

This is a discussion on Where are you buying online? (good reviews only) within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I don't want to hear the complaints, but I'm curious where you're shopping and what you like about them online ...

Where are you buying online? (good reviews only)

I don't want to hear the complaints, but I'm curious where you're shopping and what you like about them online that has kept you going back.

(assuming this is within forum rules... which may be assuming too much).

I've recently made purchases from pipesandcigars.com, smokingpipes.com and briarbid.com (not to mention corncobpipe.com)
    all have been fine. nothing remarkable.

Any reason you guys love your guy? or do you mostly just shop where they have what you want for the cheapest price?

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Where are you buying online? (good reviews only)

My order from pipesandcigars arrived at my door in about 3 days, turn around speed definitely left a good impression.

No longer a community member.

Pipesandcigars, smokingpipes, 4noggins, and tobaccopipes. All have provided excellent customer service, good prices and quick shipping.

I recently bought the coupon (living social, I think) for B&B Tobacco, and was very pleased with their customer service. I had trouble with my codes, but they fixed it right away and were very friendly about it. They have a nice selection of C&D tins (as well as GL Pease) and at good prices. I think they are better known for cigars, but worth a look if you like C&D!

4noggins, P&C and Smoking Pipes are my go to etailers. All have great customer service in my experience.

I've used many of the big online retailers for pipes, tobacco, or both and I've been pretty happy. Most have great selections, some have great prices, some have quick shipping, and all have given good service. I've used pipesandcigars.com (many times), 4noggins (many times), smokingpipes.com, and cupojoes.com. I haven't used them for pipes or pipe tobacco yet, but I've been very happy with Cigars International when buying cigars. Also, I've been a repeat customer with a few Ebay sellers, but other than timkellyman and Mario Grandi (futurepipes), I can't remember the names.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoknTaz View Post
    4noggins, P&C and Smoking Pipes are my go to etailers. All have great customer service in my experience.
    That's my three. It all comes down to customer service, product availability, and how easy the website is to use. Those are my "big 3" for tobacco; for pipes, smokingpipes.com stands alone, just on their selection.
    ********.com

Living in New York, I'm limited to smokingpipes and 4noggins, for the most part. I've also gotten good service and good deals from Lil' Brown Smoke Shack. Milan Tobacco (for Middleton tubs) and Mars Cigars are two other good places.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Living in New York, I'm limited to smokingpipes and 4noggins, for the most part. I've also gotten good service and good deals from Lil' Brown Smoke Shack. Milan Tobacco (for Middleton tubs) and Mars Cigars are two other good places.
    Not any longer Freestoke. In case no one's heard, and I'm surprised I haven't seen it on Puff yet, Scotty, the now previous owner of pipesandcigars.com, sold his online business to Cigars International. Their address is now in Bethleham, PA, which means all NY residents can now order from pipesandcigars and not pay the tax.

That's the good news. The bad news is, all the employees except one lost their job from pipesandcigars, 15 in total. The only one, which is rumored, to have been picked up by Cigars International, is Russ, because of his H&H tobacco line.

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Wow. That sucks.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by WWhermit View Post
    That's the good news. The bad news is, all the employees except one lost their job from pipesandcigars, 15 in total. The only one, which is rumored, to have been picked up by Cigars International, is Russ, because of his H&H tobacco line.
    I guess it's hard to say no to somebody offering you a bundle for your business, but I hate it when the conglomerate crunches up the old employees. Might be a good reason, ie, that the store itself moved? My only regret to not sending them some action was that they were "local" and had a reputation for great service. Maybe Russ will come in and explain the operation to us, but until he does or until I learn more about the previous employees were handled, I'll stick with 4noggins and smokingpipes.

Thanks a ton for the info, though! :yo

I just ordered yesterday from Cigars International because they had Kaywoodies in stock. Their selection of tobacco was not too extensive, but their prices were good and I ordered a couple of tins. They have a free shipping offer now which I picked up from their cigar catalog. You have to enter the complete web address "CigarsIntl.com/FREESH34". They show it as being shipped this morning. Usually I order from Pipes and Cigars but did not this time because they did not have the pipe wanted and I noticed they haven't added any new pipes since 4/3. I guess that is because of the switch over. Hope the new people know how to buy pipes.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Hope the new people know how to buy pipes.
    Those Chinese pipes are REAL nice! (Use Eddie's accent from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.) They be unable to resist the profit margin.

I only smoke about 3 to 5 pipes a week, so I don't order a ton. However, my last 3 or 4 orders have been through cigars international because I piggybacked on cigar orders. I've ordered bulk sent to Big Sarge, and tins, accessories, and a new Savenelli to myself. No problems and great prices.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast