Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

NY Times - pipe article

This is a discussion on NY Times - pipe article within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Do we have any members in Belgium or anywhere nearby? Perhaps we could send Jim on a buying expedition, he's ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Re: NY Times - pipe article

Do we have any members in Belgium or anywhere nearby? Perhaps we could send Jim on a buying expedition, he's retired so we know he has the time and it's not golf season so he'd be available LOL
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewdk View Post
    Do we have any members in Belgium or anywhere nearby? Perhaps we could send Jim on a buying expedition, he's retired so we know he has the time and it's not golf season so he'd be available LOL
    I'd be happy to go, despite it actually being golf season. I'll need a lot of rest on the way and travel there in stages, say a few days in Reykjavik, then on to London for few more days to gather my strength. From there, I can pop over to Belgium by way of Munich and Rome on the train, hopefully returning to the US sometime in late 2030. I'm old and slow, so it would take a while, but I don't think anybody's in any hurry, right?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I'd be happy to go, despite it actually being golf season. I'll need a lot of rest on the way and travel there in stages, say a few days in Reykjavik, then on to London for few more days to gather my strength. From there, I can pop over to Belgium by way of Munich and Rome on the train, hopefully returning to the US sometime in late 2030. I'm old and slow, so it would take a while, but I don't think anybody's in any hurry, right?
    there's power in numbers. Let's start a posse.
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Mr. Moo once gave me a sample of this stuff. If there's a group buy, count me in!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Mr. Moo once gave me a sample of this stuff. If there's a group buy, count me in!
    Mr Moo isn't a member here. Or is he?
    Anyway Andrew, is it worth the mystique?
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Mr Moo isn't a member here. Or is he?
    I haven't seen him participate here in quite a while, but I'm sure his account is still active.

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Anyway Andrew, is it worth the mystique?
    Yes. Yes it is. It was unlike any other tobacco that I've smoked.

Yes. Yes it is. It was unlike any other tobacco that I've smoked.
    Stop that immediately! Just what we need. Couldn't you show some compassion, any modicum of mercy on us? Couldn't you just say it wasn't anything special? For shame, Andrew. :tsk

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Stop that immediately! Just what we need. Couldn't you show some compassion, any modicum of mercy on us? Couldn't you just say it wasn't anything special? For shame, Andrew. :tsk
    I'm an enabler at heart.

Knowing it's a HTF tobacco, makes it all worth the effort for me.
    The hunt is on!
    Muster up the forces!
    Call all the kings men and tell them we're holding their women hostage LOL.

Come to think of it, Moo had a connection in Belgium that was picking it up for him.

Maybe if someone who's still in contact with him could send a bribe his way, he'd make our potential acquisition much less painful than it would otherwise be.

Come to think of it, Moo had a connection in Belgium that was picking it up for him.

Maybe if someone who's still in contact with him could send a bribe his way, he'd make our potential acquisition much less painful than it would otherwise be.
    He just posted here the other day. I think he pops on from time to time just to check in.

a search in the members section didn't turn anything up for me.
    I'm very intrigued by the simple fact that a straight tobacco can generate so much hype.

If they discovered a 30-kilo cache of sealed, 1951 Balkan Sobranie, from one of the early expeditions to the South Pole, Mister Moo would have a connection. For us mere mortals...

Here's a link to Moo's review of the stuff from 2010: Reserve du Patron/Semois from Belgian Ardennes

I'm familiar with Perique tobacco. I've been enjoying cigs with it made by America Spirit. Thanks for the link Dan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast