Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

NY Times - pipe article

This is a discussion on NY Times - pipe article within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; That was a beautiful article, very well written. Thanks for posting! I couldn't resist trying out a little for myself ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Bones's Avatar

Re: NY Times - pipe article

That was a beautiful article, very well written. Thanks for posting! I couldn't resist trying out a little for myself if there would be room in the potential group-buy. This tobacco sounds magical.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Here's a link to Moo's review of the stuff from 2010: Reserve du Patron/Semois from Belgian Ardennes
    Thanks, Dan. I saw it when he had posted something on the tobacco pics thread, but I didn't know about his review.

An odd warning label, containing no English. I was kinda trying to figure out the German version -- something like "Smoke follows you around and the people in your vicinity will shame you." The google translation is especially bizarre. One would think the TabakNazis would have tobacco warning labels translated properly into every language on the planet, including Loglan and Esperanto. What really shames me is that I took 8 semesters of college German and am having trouble translating a warning label.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Thanks, Dan. I saw it when he had posted something on the tobacco pics thread, but I didn't know about his review.

An odd warning label, containing no English. I was kinda trying to figure out the German version -- something like "Smoke follows you around and the people in your vicinity will shame you." The google translation is especially bizarre. One would think the TabakNazis would have tobacco warning labels translated properly into every language on the planet, including Loglan and Esperanto. What really shames me is that I took 8 semesters of college German and am having trouble translating a warning label.
    The best thing is to just ignore those warning labels!

It is a three language label that states " Smoking harms your health and that of the people around you." in Spanish, Dutch and German.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3