Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hamborger Veermaster

This is a discussion on Hamborger Veermaster within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; This tobacco has intrigued me but the reviews i see are mixed. Sme say its a full smoke, others say ...

Hamborger Veermaster

This tobacco has intrigued me but the reviews i see are mixed. Sme say its a full smoke, others say it's light, etc. I am an English smoker predominantly but I have grown to love flakes. I love penzance, FVF, Erinmore as well as Englishes like Margate, nightcap an MM965. I also like Christmas cheer and McClellands red cake. Can someone with similar tastes tell me whether or not this is a tobacco worth purchasing? I've been checking it out but don't want to be dissapointed so that's why I am asking for a specific opinion.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Hamborger Veermaster

HV is medium. To a piper who favors GH Dark Flake or FVF, HV would seem light. To a puffer of MacBaren VA Flake or Dunhill Flake, HV would taste heavy, or at least heavier. It's not unlike some CCs or the 5100 in a very broad sense, but it has a different flavor profile. If you don't like it, you can always trade it.

hp
    les

Very true. Hey Les, my uncle Joe lives on Wagonwheel Ln in West Chester, are you close to there?

No one else smokes this? Bueller? Bueller?

Hah! I just happen to be smoking a bowl right now, and it is one of my favorites. I'd say the closest it comes to of the ones you list is FVF, but as Les says, it's more towards the lighter range than FVF. I seriously doubt you'd regret trying it; I think it's one of the 'must try' Virginias.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    No one else smokes this? Bueller? Bueller?
    Nope...nobody.
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

I, too, really enjoy this tobacco. I do think of it as a medium smoke, and personally think it pairs best with a nice authentic german pilsner on a warm sunny day. It's good, you should get some!

Scott, I think I have some laying around from a sample I got.

I consider HV to be a great tobacco. I am not convinced it is pure VA but no matter, (maybe a light topping or a burley?) whatever, it is its wonderful. Grab some if you see it.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Thank you fellas!

scott - he lives just across town, near one of my fave ffishing spots. Let me know when you visit and we can hit B&Ms. We have several dandy ones. I have some HV so remind me and we can try that.

hp
    les

Sounds good, he's moving soon but I'm making at least a few more trips down to see him.

Mr. NikonNut sent a very generous sample of HV my way, just got it a few hours ago. Thanks buddy!
    Cant wait to give it a try/.