Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Free tobacco

This is a discussion on Free tobacco within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; It's good to see you here again, Jerry. Sorry to hear about Elmer, I hadn't realized he was gone. I ...

Re: Free tobacco

It's good to see you here again, Jerry. Sorry to hear about Elmer, I hadn't realized he was gone. I never met the guy, but he's kind of entwined with Squadron Leader memories, you know?
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    You are good people Chris, hope things perk up soon brother.

ps. Jerry we miss you dude, come around more often
    Hey Scott. Thanks for remembering me. Are you still in New Jersey(or working in new jersey) and stopping by jr in paramus? We have to meet up soon. Perhaps after the summer. Do you ever make your way up to westchester county? Yonkers, scarsdale area?
    Your friend Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    It's good to see you here again, Jerry. Sorry to hear about Elmer, I hadn't realized he was gone. I never met the guy, but he's kind of entwined with Squadron Leader memories, you know?
    Thanks for remembering. I do miss Elmer. And thanks again to all that contributed to the "elmer fund"
    His one pipe a day of squadron leader , his his biggest joy the last year or two of his life.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by veteranvmb View Post
    Hey Scott. Thanks for remembering me. Are you still in New Jersey(or working in new jersey) and stopping by jr in paramus? We have to meet up soon. Perhaps after the summer. Do you ever make your way up to westchester county? Yonkers, scarsdale area?
    Your friend Jerry
    I still live and work in Nj and in fact I was in Yonkers last week. I get out there periodically for business.

Ok so per Jerry's request here is my haiku...well three of them.

Match to flame, delight
    Smokey circles ride on air
    Heaven scent at night
    -----------------------------------
    Restless flame for light
    Breathe deeply, wandering thoughts
    Peaceful now I feel
    Rising smoke through air
    Touch the nose with earthy scent
    Heaven beckons there

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    Ok so per Jerry's request here is my haiku...well three of them.

Match to flame, delight
    Smokey circles ride on air
    Heaven scent at night
    Restless flame for light
    Breathe deeply, wandering thoughts
    Peaceful now I feel
    Rising smoke through air
    Touch the nose with earthy scent
    Heaven beckons there
    perrrrfect
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Chris..

Sorry to post here, wanted to send you a message, but for some reason I cant find the place to do it. Maybe I am under or over medicated today. LOL

Okay. I liked the two haiku's you sent. Especially the last of the two. Anyway, I packed everything up today, and put it in zip locs. Even with that, the box is completely full. Most of the tobacco is in ready condition, some are a bit dry. I don't know how much experience you have, but pipe tobacco is easily hydrated. Just take it easy and don't over do it.
    I have also included a savinelli machine made, but it is one of the two pipes I used. It smokes real well. My hand made savinelli, I keep in my locker at the cigar shop, inc case I ever have the desire for a pipe or two. My mouth has never touched this pipe. I always used a rubber stem protector, which I have removed. I have no catch-able heebee jeebees, so please do not feel afraid to use it, or do with it as you may.
    I have included a bunch of nice pipe cleaners, some savinelli balsa filters, if you want to try them, a couple of pipe tools, and an American eagle 1 oz gold piece. On second hand, I removed the gold piece. LOL
    About half of the species of tobaccos I labeled for you, but some I cant remember, but you will see they are rare and high quality, ribbon, flaked, cubed and others. Two or three are nothing special, but I started to get into some tobaccos without latakia towards the end, and thus the english and Cavendish.
    I will try and get it into the post office on Tuesday or Wednesday, but you should have for this beautiful upcoming weekend, depending on how slow military mail is these days.

Well thats it. I weighed the tobacco, and its about 2 lbs worth by itself. I think that's enough to keep you going for awhile, plus you will have a fun time, trying some of them out. Let the group know when you get it, and what you think of the tobaccos when you get it.
    If you like 3 oaks, then you should definatley fall in love with the pound of squadron leader.

Much regards Jerry U.S.M.C. (Retired) N.Y.P.D. (Retired)

Jerry, I'm glad you liked the haiku's. Don't worry about the Savinelli, it will find a good home here. I look forward to trying out all the different tobaccos. Thank you very much, sir!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Jerry first of all it is great to see you back here, I'm hoping its not a temporary thing. I was always fascinated by your post. I am still smoking through a few of the cigars that I won in your contest some time ago.

Very generous offer you have made here, and I think you made right choice as to the recipient.

U.S.M.C. (Retired)
    I had no idea. To steal from Blazing Saddles, you will have the good taste not to mention our talking to my old Navy buddies, right?
    ********.com

Much regards Jerry U.S.M.C. (Retired) N.Y.P.D. (Retired)
    Don't know you, but I bet you're one Bad Ass Dude
    But with a warm and generous heart. That makes for about the best Bad Ass Dude there could ever be.
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Don't know you, but I bet you're one Bad Ass Dude
    But with a warm and generous heart. That makes for about the best Bad Ass Dude there could ever be.

No bad ass. I do admit, after spending 26 months in country late 64 to early 1966, I was a savage. Not a bad ass. But I had a lovely woman, who had some patience with me, and slowly restored me back to sanity.
    It still irks my wife(the lovely woman) that when I walk outside, I still search the treeline for snipers War can permanently etch into your brain.
    One of my sons, still wakes up everyday, thinking he is in his small two man tent in Iraq during the war. Its quite disturbing for him.
    I am more of a big pussy cat. My friends at the shop which I go to can attest. But they can also tell you, I can have another side thats usually checked.
    Someone can do just about anything to me, and I will not react. But do not mess with the wife. I will go crazy, and she fears that. She does not let me go grocery shopping with her. I have to wait in the truck, like a dog waiting for its master. Not a bad life, gives me a chance to smoke a cigar.
    For those who are new to this board, since my last postings, MY careers ended in 1989, with the invasion of Panama. I received wounds, that put me in and out of hospitals for several years.

j

Chris.

Package sent today usps priority mail. You should receive in a few days. Enjoy.
    Return address on package is not correct. I guard my privacy, with people I do not know. Sorry, thats the way it is with me.

Jerry

Well Jerry. Thank you for being who you are!

Chris.

Package sent today usps priority mail. You should receive in a few days. Enjoy.
    Return address on package is not correct. I guard my privacy, with people I do not know. Sorry, thats the way it is with me.

Jerry

Not a problem, Jerry! I totally feel ya! And, again, THANK YOU!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2