Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Free tobacco

This is a discussion on Free tobacco within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Sorry if this is wrong forum. I am no longer smoking pipe. No matter what I do(and I love pipe), ...

Free tobacco

Sorry if this is wrong forum. I am no longer smoking pipe. No matter what I do(and I love pipe), I cannot deal with the tongue bite. I must have a sensitive tongue from licking Georgia Peach whenever I can. LOL
    Anyway, I have maybee a dozen mason jars with various degrees and types of tobacco. Including the rest of the squadron leader that Elmer left over, after he died(for those that remember)
    My only qualification, is that its someone I remember from this forum, or some consensus from this forum, on whos deserving. I prefer not to go to expense and give to some fake newbie, looking for free stuff. Yes, I have become harder with my age. I will turn 66 in June and dont feel a day older then 89.LOL

So let me know, or help me figure it out. or I can make two separate boxes, since they will not fit into one priority box. Or someone who wants to trade cigars for it. (No offer will be rejected for quantity, only some decent stuff.

I really do not know, but certainly will be getting rid of it.

J

Re: Free tobacco

what do you smoke for cigars?
    I'd rather be carried by 6 than tried by 12 ...

Hey Jerry, I'd be willing to take some of that off your hands. I'm running a bit low on the baccy and waiting until my tax return gets here to make a big order.

The only cigars I have right now though are Brickhouse.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Jerry, sorry to hear the problems your having. You did like your pipe though. Also sorry about Elmer, I remember what
    You went through to get him his favorite tobacco. At least I hope he went happy. Best of luck, I think there are some deserving
    Guys on here. Hopefully they will chime in.
    Take care
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Jerry very good to see you still among us!
    I would suggest looking through the pipe threads to see who might like, enjoy and appreciate what you have to offer.
    Freestroke, mycroft, marcc and a few others come to mind but if you look at bit you might find someone you'd feel comfortable with.

Hi Jerry, if you are looking for feedback - for whatever mine is worth, I'd vouch for Chris. He just returned from serving us all in Afghanistan and is most deserving!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Hi Jerry, if you are looking for feedback - for whatever mine is worth, I'd vouch for Chris. He just returned from serving us all in Afghanistan and is most deserving!
    I believe that's exactly what he's looking for.

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

I have to agree. Chris is a VERY deserving BOTL!!
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

If I may say, I would suggest sending half to Chris and half to the Troops. There are many pipe smokers overseas in combat zones that myself and the Troop Support Team send care packages to. In fact Chris was one of them not too long ago!
    Send Troop Donations to : Troop Donations 128 Delaware St, Staten Island, NY 10304

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I would third this as well. CHRIS! Contact Jerry......now. LOL

If you want a trade in return Jerry I will put up the smokes if you send to Chris, you know my word is true.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

I like to support the troops when ever I can.
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    I would third this as well. CHRIS! Contact Jerry......now. LOL

If you want a trade in return Jerry I will put up the smokes if you send to Chris, you know my word is true.

Hello Warren.
    You know I would never call upon your supreme kindness. I havent forgotton those "Caribbean? cigars you sent me a few years ago.
    I have two of my four boys still in Iraq, and as you know being a retired veteran of the usmc and listening to you peoples advice, plus I see Chris is low on funds, its his, with just two exceptions.

1) In the picture I will try to attach, I have decided to keep the mason jars, and put them in ziplocks, if thats okay with Chris. If not, I will send jars with them.

2) Chris, you need to write a haiku, that has something to do with pipes, tobacco, or something related to pipe smoking, and its all yours gratis. The haiku, please post on this site and not to me personally. LOL

Chris, send me your address, on where you can receive something u.s. priority mail.

I hope you see it as a fair tradeoff. If unsure of what a haiku is , look it up, and it must be an original one of yourself.

Oh and just for spacial comparison, the jar of squadron leader is a half gallon(2 quart)

Semper Fidelis
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

Your a very generous guy Jerry. Awesome way to get rid of some unwanted tobacco.

Wow. I don't know what to say guys. Thanks for the words of praise. You guys really made my day. Been having a rather rough go of it lately and seeing the above just made me feel good.

Jerry I'll pm you my address and ziplocks are fine. Give me a day or two for the haiku...yes I know what that is having written a few myself.
    @BigSarge I'll pack some up and send it to you along with some other goodies for the troops.

You are good people Chris, hope things perk up soon brother.

ps. Jerry we miss you dude, come around more often

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast