Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fellow Pipers...I feel like Benedict Arnold!!!

This is a discussion on Fellow Pipers...I feel like Benedict Arnold!!! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes hey Jack, I'm not seeing anything in there, but perhaps it just hasn't reloaded yet. ...

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Re: Fellow Pipers...I feel like Benedict Arnold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    hey Jack, I'm not seeing anything in there, but perhaps it just hasn't reloaded yet. I'll check it again in a bit.
    my artificial intelligence is running a muck I guess. It involves a subject we never discuss on any other forum, rather than the one intended for, so I'll try again (. :
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Have fun and enjoy your journey. Arguably the best way to start is with 5 packs and samplers, you'll build a wide variety without being out of pocket too much. Check the cigar side WTS/T/B threads you can often pick up samplers and 5ers below retail with a little age on them.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Never fear, Robert. Pipe-side is in my blood. I have very much enjoyed my time conversing with all of you BOTL and rest assured that I will still be lurking and posting here. bBesides, where else will I find a group of guys that will put up with my Sherlock Holmes Addiction.
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Deadhead Dave's Avatar

I find this very interesting as I am also coming at this issue from the opposite side. I just smoked my first bowl last night, and am already headed to the smoke shop for more tobacco. You should definitely hit up the NST. I am about to try the one for pipes myself. Enjoy the journey.

Nothing wrong with enjoying both. I've smoked both pipes and cigars for over 20 years. I started smoking pipes at 21, cigars at 22, I turn 43 in 2 1/2 months. Over the years, I've been pretty balanced between the two though I've been just a little more a pipe smoker than cigar smoker. I've gone through phases where I primary smoked one over the other, and phases where I was pretty balanced. When I got here, I went a year in which I picked up one of my pipes maybe once or twice over the year, but smoked cigars regularly. Hence, I actually started at Puff on the cigar side (I was looking for help finding some good but inexpensive cigars which would make smoking almost exclusively cigars more affordable). Hmm, I'd send you a small bomb, but I have been neglecting my cigars and my humidor over the past year or year and a half, all my sticks are probably pretty badly dried out by now.

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Since I started smoking pipes more regularly, I find that my palate has become much more sensitive to the more subtle nuances in flavor cigars are known for.
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Brothers,
    I just posted my first post on the cigar side and can feel myself being slowly drawn to the “dark-side.” After 2 or so years of posting exclusively on the pipe-side I feel a bit like I am betraying my fellow BOTL on this side. I’m looking forward to exploring the cigar-side, but my home will always be here with my piping brothers. Wish me luck Gentlemen…

-Mycroft
    I don't like it one bit. Pick a side and stick with it!. Nah, cigars are great. Came fm that side. I enjoy the wider range of flavors and less expensive nature of pipes though. The bad part is coming back to pipes after a weekend of cigar poker parties as my pipe taste buds are shot for at least 2 days. Can't enjoy my virginia's. Stinks.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

There is absolutely nothing wrong with cigars compared to pipes pipes except they tend to get pricier the more you explore. One 90-minute cigar I favor costs the same as three weeks worth of my preferred pipe tobacco. That's it. Otherwise no shortcoming in the comparison. Well, except, they're finicky to store, they can get hopelessly plugged up, they may split or unwrap for no apparent reason, you can't smoke them in the rain, aging them is a crapshoot and the one you like most may be a dud the next time you buy it. That's about it. Well, unless you like the kind that are a federal crime to own, possess or consume - there's that little niggly thing. Otherwise they're every bit as nice as pipes.

I love a cigar but the darn things do come with some baggage. Just a gentle heads up.

"But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

The documentaries indicate that you are a snuffer! You didn't have to go anywhere, really.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

I advocate that Sather should be caught and brought before the firing squad.

Fortunately, the cigar pond has has no squad, or I would have have been rounded up eariler this year when when I defected to pipe nation (although I'm known to still sneek across enemy lines without detection). However, I will warn you that they do have lynch mobs, should you suspected of entertaining Gurkas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2