Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fellow Pipers...I feel like Benedict Arnold!!!

This is a discussion on Fellow Pipers...I feel like Benedict Arnold!!! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; ...

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Fellow Pipers...I feel like Benedict Arnold!!!

Brothers,
    I just posted my first post on the cigar side and can feel myself being slowly drawn to the “dark-side.” After 2 or so years of posting exclusively on the pipe-side I feel a bit like I am betraying my fellow BOTL on this side. I’m looking forward to exploring the cigar-side, but my home will always be here with my piping brothers. Wish me luck Gentlemen…

-Mycroft
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Re: Fellow Pipers...I feel like Benedict Arnold!!!

No worries, Sather.

Good tobacco is good tobacco. I mostly smoke a pipe, but I enjoy cigars too. I have a large coolidor and a small coolidor and three humidors full.

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

We all have one thing in common and that is tobacco. How we smoke it shouldn't be considered as a reason to segregate one self from one aspect or another. L8R
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Brothers,
    I just posted my first post on the cigar side and can feel myself being slowly drawn to the “dark-side.” After 2 or so years of posting exclusively on the pipe-side I feel a bit like I am betraying my fellow BOTL on this side. I’m looking forward to exploring the cigar-side, but my home will always be here with my piping brothers. Wish me luck Gentlemen…

-Mycroft
    I personally love a good cigar, but you can smoke a pipe for a week for the price of a hour with a good cigar.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    I personally love a good cigar, but you can smoke a pipe for a week for the price of a hour with a good cigar.
    So true!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    We all have one thing in common and that is tobacco. How we smoke it shouldn't be considered as a reason to segregate one self from one aspect or another. L8R
    Oh Lord. with an open-minded attitude like that we'll all soon be conversing with people who roll their own Bugler cigarettes. What fun is a hobby if it doesn't make you feel better than the next poor chap?

{completeandutteroverthetopsarcasm}

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    Oh Lord. with an open-minded attitude like that we'll all soon be conversing with people who roll their own Bugler cigarettes. What fun is a hobby if it doesn't make you feel better than the next poor chap?

{completeandutteroverthetopsarcasm}
    Pssst... I'm just trying to consul Sather ( ;
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

Brothers,

-Mycroft
    You'll be sorry. ...[in a whisper] I hear they eat their young.

Sorry, Pipers! I'm your consulation prize
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

I'm so glad that my "treachery" is being blessed by many great BOTL. I'm excited to learn about this new form of Tobacco, and to indulge myself in all the great cigars that the "other side" has to offer. Nick's point about price is something that has been on my mind though. The Cigar side will definitely hit my pocketbook a bit harder than this side, but I'm looking forward to the adventure.
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Lrbergin's Avatar

I'm so glad that my "treachery" is being blessed by many great BOTL. I'm excited to learn about this new form of Tobacco, and to indulge myself in all the great cigars that the "other side" has to offer. Nick's point about price is something that has been on my mind though. The Cigar side will definitely hit my pocketbook a bit harder than this side, but I'm looking forward to the adventure.
    Ironic. I'm in the exact opposite boat and just coming over to the pipe side. I say you go take a stop off over at the noobie sampler trade on the cigar side and see what the other side is all about. Enjoy.

Surely this was no brief sojourn with pipes until you gained access to the places where "real cigars" may be whispered about? I'm assuming that pipe smoking and posts will continue with verve and style.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

Choosing between one form of tobacco over another is like picking your favorite child. You love them all but the one you're spending some quite time with at the moment is your favorite.

Unless it's Latakia that one's always a stinky little bastard.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Sather, check your pm box.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
    Choosing between one form of tobacco over another is like picking your favorite child. You love them all but the one you're spending some quite time with at the moment is your favorite.

Unless it's Latakia that one's always a stinky little bastard.
    I very much like what you posted. When I start to feel guilty, I'll look to this post

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Sather, check your pm box.
    hey Jack, I'm not seeing anything in there, but perhaps it just hasn't reloaded yet. I'll check it again in a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast