Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oh H#LL NO!!!

This is a discussion on Oh H#LL NO!!! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Just a few minutes ago one of the contractors here on post knocked on my back door. He had a ...

Oh H#LL NO!!!

Just a few minutes ago one of the contractors here on post knocked on my back door. He had a torn up box in his hand with my address on it. He said he found it out in the friggin woods while he was bush hogging one of the fields. It had been opened and shoved under a small bush. A fellow BOTL had sent me a package with a bunch of tobacco and a newish pipe. Well it looks like the tobacco is all there but the pipe is gone!

1. I can't friggin believe the postman didn't knock or leave a note to pick it up at the d@mn post office later.
    2. I can't friggin believe some @$$hole would steal someone's mail like that! I feel violated!
    3. Should I bother making a complaint to the post office?
    4. Should I call the MPs? I mean tampering with mail is a federal offense....

Gaaaaa!!!!! What is this world coming to? Friggin postal workers to frakking lazy to ring a gorram doorbell?????

Maturing Puffer Fish

Re: Oh H#LL NO!!!

I feel for you, I've had a package that UPS left on my front porch that was stolen, that's why I have everything shipped to my work now, someone is always around to sign for it and get it to my desk. Luckily for me the box that was stolen only had a couple t-shirts in it. Probably won't get very far with the post office. I've never had any luck dealing with them.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Bugger the post office call out the MPs, FBI, National Guard this is a missing pipe we're talking about. Seriously though that sucks, I've had packages thrown over the fence and left in the rain. Have you seen the YouTube vid where the postie throws a computer monitor over some guys fence even though he was home at the time.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

No longer a community member.

People can be sh*theads sometimes. Unfortunately, the "appropriate" avenues of response rarely net any sort of satisfactory result. Sorry you had to deal with this man.

You're out of luck, Chris, sorry to say. About all you can do is keep your eye out for the pipe (if you know what it looks like), then brain whoever's caught smoking it with baseball bat.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

I have no idea what the pipe looks like. That's why I was so excited about getting it. And frankly, whoever the b@sterd is that has it is probably smoking that green tobacco so I'd never be able to smoke it again...you know how the military is on that particular brand of tobacco.

On the upside...I've got about 2 pounds of Squadron Leader that was still in the box!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Wow, that's a bad day & sorry to hear. I don't know how things work in the service but I'd probably raise some sort of stink or it'll just keep happening. It's flat out stealing.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FireRunner's Avatar

I live in a fairly nice neighborhood and there are package thieves who target my area. I've gotten only one package stolen off my doorstep maybe five years ago. These are the things I do now.

1. I leave a small stickie on the door telling the driver to place it behind "X" bush or in the back, etc. 99% of the time they'll do this for you.
    2. If it's from UPS or FedEx I will call their main number before the item arrives in my state and ask for it to be held at their HUB. Lucky for me I live about 5 minutes away from both UPS and FedEx HUBs. I just bought a set of TaylorMade irons and I had them hold it at the HUB. I simply stopped by there at 7:45am before work and picked them up.
    20 years of smoking and still going strong *cough* *cough*...

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    I've got about 2 pounds of Squadron Leader that was still in the box!
    Ah, that's a nice tobacco for a plain, simple, all-day smoke. Enjoy it!
    If I could write poetry, I'd be a poet. I can't, so I smoke a pipe instead ....

At least finding the package tossed nearby seems to indicate that it was probably one stupid kid rather than an organized ring of thieves; they'd take the whole haul elsewhere. Heck ya, I'd report it to the MPs. Was it base housing? If so, it was probably the kid of that one jack ass you can't stand at work...
    ********.com

Young Puffer Fish

I've had packages left by the usps disappear and going through the whole deal with FedEx and UPS (hold at the hub, sign the slip etc) became such a pain in the you know what. I went to the closest UPS store to where I work and rented a box. A little bit of added expense but they receive and sign for all my packages and I just stop by on the way home and pick them up. Took most of the pain out of online ordering and only costs about six bucks a month.

What really bugs me is that I was HOME!!! Postman never even rang the doorbell! Not only that but I was in and out of the front door several times during the day. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it was the postal guy.

I feel for you. This sort of thing is really angering, even putting aside the loss of the pipe. I very recently had a neighbour from half-way down our (quite long) street bring me a "We tried to deliver, but you were not at home" card that she found blowing around in front of her house. The card was dated for when I was at home all day. Lazy postal bugger. Luckily, the parcel was still at the depot. I've had similar problems in the past and then raised a stink at the depot, but no real action was taken. The result of the formal complaint was that I was given a book of four First Class letter stamps for my trouble. It would have been less insulting to receive nothing at all.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    Wow, that's a bad day & sorry to hear. I don't know how things work in the service but I'd probably raise some sort of stink or it'll just keep happening. It's flat out stealing.
    As cynical as I might be regarding any resolution of Chris' probem, it should be reported. Maybe there's a pattern and they can zero in the thug. It was probably not an isolated incident. I'd suggest peeling a postage label off a package and preparing a booby trap, say one of those exploding dye markers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    What really bugs me is that I was HOME!!! Postman never even rang the doorbell! Not only that but I was in and out of the front door several times during the day. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it was the postal guy.
    Definitely a possibility. A good reason for reporting it, since there may be other packages missing on his route -- and nobody else's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast