Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4noggins

This is a discussion on 4noggins within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I have never ordered from 4noggins, but am considering doing so next months. I hear good things about their service. ...

4noggins

I have never ordered from 4noggins, but am considering doing so next months. I hear good things about their service. The selection is not comparable to Smokingpipes, but whose is? I am not an aero smoker, but have heard they have some light aromatics, like Essence of Vermont, that some English/Virginia smokers like. I tried Boswell's and while their tobaccos were quality and flavours were better than OTC aromatics, they were too flavoured for me. The only aromatics I have been able to stand lately are Two Friends English Chocolate and lakelands. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. If you think I should give it a pass, don't hesitate to say so.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Re: 4noggins

Nick, definitely give Bald Headed Teacher a shot. Very nice tobacco. Sort of a sweet, light English, or something like that... I love it.

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

I agree with you on Boswell's as I have 5 or 6 of their blends laying around that I've never finished and because they are thought to be the pinnacle of aro's I've really stopped looking. I'm not an aro smoker so I just enjoy SG Chocolate Flake when the moods strikes. The Tobacco Barn here in CA has some aro's that are quite good and were thought highly of years ago when I was buying. Treasure chest and Black Velvet come to mind and you can order off their site. Plus, I think reviews are still on Tobaccoreviewsdotcom.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Nick, definitely give Bald Headed Teacher a shot. Very nice tobacco. Sort of a sweet, light English, or something like that... I love it.
    Bald Headed Teacher is one of my favorites!. They have always provided me with great service.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Their man there Rich is great, friendly personal service. They may have a smaller range but the HTF tobaccos seem to last longer on the shelf. Heard good things about bald headed teacher, and pretty much any 4noggins blend.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Their Double Fantasy is one of the better aros I've tried, better than OTCs but possibly as flavored as Boswell aros.

If you order from them add in a few ounces of Storm Front. It's a bit like an OTC burley but with cigar leaf added. Very tasty.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

I don't smoke it straight up, but mixed with Kendal's Kentucky, Dark Birdseye, or other neutral, strong burley, Three Blind Moose adds a nice room note. Very aromatic, so a little goes a long way as a blender. Not as wet or goopy as a normal aromatic. Might want to give an ounce a go, or even ask them for a sample with your order. Smells like butterscotch cookies in the oven.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

No longer a community member.

I've never smoked their house blends, but I can certainly vouch for their excellent customer service!

I have placed several pipe and tobacco orders through 4noggins. I have always been happy with the service.

As for their tobaccos, I too love Bald Headed Teacher, though I don't know if it is what you are looking for. If you are looking for an aro, it isn't an aro, but then, it doesn't have a lot of Latakia so it isn't quite an English either. It is kind of a somewhat aromatic very light English. For their true aros, it may be worth ordering their sampler. You can get a sample of five one ounce packages of their aros, some quite good, for $20. Unfortunately, the sampler doesn't include what I consider their best aro (and one which is quickly becoming my favorite aro, and I do like aromatics)...Three Blind Moose. Do yourself a favor and give that one a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    ...it doesn't have a lot of Latakia so it isn't quite an English either.
    You've stumbled into one of my windmills and I'm tilting!

What is an English Pipe Tobacco Blend? | With Pipe and Pen
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dj1340 View Post
    Bald Headed Teacher is one of my favorites!. They have always provided me with great service.
    Couldn't have said it any better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    Their Double Fantasy is one of the better aros I've tried, better than OTCs but possibly as flavored as Boswell aros.

If you order from them add in a few ounces of Storm Front. It's a bit like an OTC burley but with cigar leaf added. Very tasty.
    TobaccoReviews says Double Fantasy is burley based with a little cavendish and the mocha coffee casing is lightly applied. I would agree with that.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Rich and 4Noggins is the best etailer I've ever dealt with. Personal, professional and friendly service...all over the top!
    Credo quia absurdum!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    You've stumbled into one of my windmills and I'm tilting!

What is an English Pipe Tobacco Blend? | With Pipe and Pen
    Yeah, well...I do know that English brands have always done far more than Latakia blends. However, everyone knows what you are talking about when you say "English blends" or "English tobacco". A lot of terms in pipe smoking are pretty fluid and not fully defined, I've given up trying to be a purist and go with terms that will let most people know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    Rich and 4Noggins is the best etailer I've ever dealt with. Personal, professional and friendly service...all over the top!
    I agree. Rich takes it to another level. Highly recommended.
    ********.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast