Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I need tobacco suggestions

This is a discussion on I need tobacco suggestions within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; TAD, being somewhat akin to philately and numismatics, you need to complete your set of Stockebye flakes by obtaining the ...

Re: I need tobacco suggestions

TAD, being somewhat akin to philately and numismatics, you need to complete your set of Stockebye flakes by obtaining the stunningly beautiful Luxury Twist, the lovely sister of its plainer siblings, Navy and Bullseye.

And get a full case of pipe cleaners, man! Otherwise you'll be adding a hundred dollars worth of tobacco every time you turn around, to fill out your pipe cleaner orders! (Then again, maybe cut back to only one pack at a time instead...)
    Last edited by freestoke; 05-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Wow! I just noticed the cobs! I had no idea smokingpipes had cobs!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Questionablesanity's Avatar

They do. Not as big of a selection as pipesandcigars but they are almost half the cost.
    Bring me my battle pants!

That's a nice order Michael!

Nice looking tobacco order. I have most of those, and they are terrific, and I hear great things about the others. I also really like those cobs. I don't know why, but for years I neglected cobs (eventually buying one just to have one while not smoking it much), but for the past two years I can't get enough. I have around 40 pipes, five of them cobs, yet I smoke my cobs almost as much as I do my briars and my meer.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    TAD, being somewhat akin to philately and numismatics, you need to complete your set of Stockebye flakes by obtaining the stunningly beautiful Luxury Twist, the lovely sister of its plainer siblings, Navy and Bullseye.

And get a full case of pipe cleaners, man! Otherwise you'll be adding a hundred dollars worth of tobacco every time you turn around, to fill out your pipe cleaner orders! (Then again, maybe cut back to only one pack at a time instead...)
    LTF is good so this is good advice. However, if you find yourself like me, you'll smoke your LBF and LNF about 2-3 times as much as your LTF, so you may want a bulk order of LBF and LNF with a small order of LTF in the future. Great advice on the pipe cleaners- there is no such thing as too many pipe cleaners.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Questionablesanity's Avatar

Cobs are the only thing I have every smoked out of (been spending money on tobacco more than pipes) so I have no comparison but I like the cobs. I'm definitely still learning. I started smoking cigars back last August and this winter I started trying pipes, looking for a shorter more indoor friendly smoke. Now I'm hooked. Problem is, I still really enjoy cigars. It is like a conspiracy to clean out my wallet. I appreciate all the advice and look forward to trying all these and can't wait for my next order.
    Bring me my battle pants!

I do like my cobs. I smoke a Pride or a Legend on the course, nice and light and I don't have to worry much about breaking or losing it. For the course, I just use the standard stems, because I don't want to lose my Forever stem out there. I also smoke a cob in the car, although I sometimes bring the CG or Diplomat that I've just lit or filled with something other than the pouch tobacco for the ride. I also use the Legend or the Pride at the dartboard. Since I'm a natural left-clencher, the pipe is nicely out of the way on the backstroke. I've been meaning to try swinging with the pipe in my mouth, just for the sake of affectation, but I think it might be a bit of distraction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2