Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Looking to buy a clay pipe...

This is a discussion on Looking to buy a clay pipe... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I am having a hell of a time trying to find a place to purchase a clay pipe, well, inexpensive ...

Looking to buy a clay pipe...

I am having a hell of a time trying to find a place to purchase a clay pipe, well, inexpensive clay pipe.

I have seen pipeshoppe, lepeltier and some trading post site, and so far pipeshoppe seems like the best bet.

I am looking to spend between $5-$10 on a dutch gouda style clay pipe.

If anyone could steer me to another source, I would greatly appreciate it.
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish bigdaddychester's Avatar

Re: Looking to buy a clay pipe...

all I can offer is this. Hambone1 sent me a couple clays from Pipeshoppe. I've been smoking them for about 3 months and I absolutely love them. I liked them so much I bought I decided to try their Pamplin bowl style with the reed stem. Love it as well and I paid it forward by sending one to Hannibal for winning the April Pipe Tobacco Lottery, http://imagestore.puff.com/2013/05/01/p_3841801_0.jpg. I've not had any problems ordering from them and all their products come wrapped up and well protected.

Another piece of advice if you do order from them, take advantage of the "save money by purchasing 2 or more pipes" option. You'll wish you did after smoking it and you'll be glad just in case something does go wrong while handling it.

Alright mate! Ya sold me, I was on the fence about it, mostly due to pricing, but the impression of them that you leave me with is worth the extra $.
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddychester View Post
    all I can offer is this. Hambone1 sent me a couple clays from Pipeshoppe. I've been smoking them for about 3 months and I absolutely love them. I liked them so much I bought I decided to try their Pamplin bowl style with the reed stem. Love it as well and I paid it forward by sending one to Hannibal for winning the April Pipe Tobacco Lottery, http://imagestore.puff.com/2013/05/01/p_3841801_0.jpg. I've not had any problems ordering from them and all their products come wrapped up and well protected.

Another piece of advice if you do order from them, take advantage of the "save money by purchasing 2 or more pipes" option. You'll wish you did after smoking it and you'll be glad just in case something does go wrong while handling it.
    No experience here with clays, and I'm a bit curious... I typically hold the bowl of my pipe when smoking, but I am assuming these clay pipes would heat up quite a bit, right? Do you hold them by the stem?

that is correct. it does get very hot. I think I smoke most everything a little faster then most. Using the clay has also forced me to slow down a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddychester View Post
    that is correct. it does get very hot. I think I smoke most everything a little faster then most. Using the clay has also forced me to slow down a little more.
    Ok, thanks for that. I still may give one a try sometime. I could probably stand to slow down a bit too!

Man, what a terrific surprize I got today!

And, here's a photo of my new beauties:

I've had one like the bottom one, and I'll pass-I'm too much of a klutz, and a clay nosewarmer is just painful. But that top one is intriguing; thanks for including the cards in the shot!
    ********.com

If I ever win the lottery, I'll buy one for everyone on the forum! I'm glad you liked them!

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

I've never had one, but to tell the truth, I'd really like to find me a 'Cutty' to add to my collection. I understand that they have a somewhat 'earthy' taste to them. It sounds intriguing.