Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Personal favorite pipe brand names..?

This is a discussion on Personal favorite pipe brand names..? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; What is your personal favorite pipe makers/brands/model owned ? My as follow lover of Apple , Bend Apple & Sliver ...

Newbie in the ocean

Personal favorite pipe brand names..?

What is your personal favorite pipe makers/brands/model owned ?
    My as follow lover of Apple , Bend Apple & Sliver
    Dunhill
    - Ruby Bark (31070 (2011)
    - Dress (3101) (2011)
    - Dress (4202) (2012)
    - Dress (5120) (2012)

Savinelli
    - Fuoco Brown (207) (6mm)
    - Fuoco Brown (626) (6mm)
    - Fiammette with Silverband (207) (6mm)
    - Spigot Sterling Nature (207 (6mm)
    -
    Peterson
    - Aran (87) P-Lip
    - Red Spigot (87) Fishtail
    - Aran (40 Fishtail
    - System Standard Ebony (302) Fishtail

pls advise which handmade pipe is on your wishing list
    Have lots of fun smoking
    cheers

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Re: Personal favorite pipe brand names..?

Aaaah, the Savinelli 207. I've run the gambit of expensive pipes (Don Carlos, Dunhill, Castello, Cavicchi) and the simple acrylic stemmed (not hand made) 207 is my favorite. Someone please buy the brown Fuoco at spdotcom so I don't!

Newbie in the ocean

Nice to know

Cheers

Estate Sasieni's. They come in natural, rusticated, various finishes. Apples, bulldogs, bents. Two Dot, Four Dot, Eight Dot, One Dot, Mayfair and some other place names. I like 'em all. My favorite would be a Four Dot rusticated prince, if I could ever locate one.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Newbie in the ocean

Is it worth buying the Dunhill Shell Briar Collector (1984)

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrislim View Post
    Is it worth buying the Dunhill Shell Briar Collector (1984)

thanks
    Depends on the condition vs. price vs. style preference -- and whether Dunhlls are worth it in general.

Are high end pipes really worth it?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

My favorite is a castello sea rock. But as far as smokability Im always going for a brebbia lovat that I picked up in a estate lot.
    Corporal Punishment!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

im really into my estate parkers now. Its not even an issue about them perhaps being dunhill seconds. All of my parkers smoke well.

Does Missouri Meerschaum count as handmade?

I have an estate Comoy that I think is one of my favorite pipes. I often putter whilst smoking and the MM is nice for that - I don't worry about ruining the stem on a briar. I also like the bowl size of the cobs generally. I think I smoke my cobs more than my briars.

Peterson has always been among my favorites, though they have fallen a bit lately. When you get a good one, it is great, but they can be hit or miss these days.

My current favorites are Savinelli, Hardcastle, Ben Wade, and my number one favorite right now are new production handmade Kaywoodies. The bang for the buck with these pipes is just incredible. For a little more money, I love my Radice and Ser Jacopos, but the handmade Kaywoodies are every bit the pipe for less, and the others smoke extremely well.

Judging by my pipe racks, my favorite pipes are Danish Stanwells and Cavicchis. After buying a Radice, I find myself checking those out constantly, so I think at least one more is in my future...
    ********.com

Maturing Puffer Fish

Somehow I ended up with 4 Savinellis: My Savinelli 320 smooth (love the shape might get 1 in different finish), Savinelli Duca Carlo Billiard, Savinelli Alligator Black 904 (thought it was going to be bigger) and a Savinelli 2nd Hercules EX (huge). Not sure how this happened. All smoke really well and are in my current rotation. All were less than $50 so for the price I would say great values. I'm still trying to figure out my pipe philosophy (shapes, sizes and what type of tobacco). All in all its been fun!

On my wish list is Mario Grande (they just look so pretty). I love the Danish Freehands. Perhaps a Peterson?

Right now I'm obsessed with the Poker shape.

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

My absolute favorite brand is Missouri Meerschaum, and I own 8 of them.

I have a Peterson small rustic Bent pipe that I am fond of. I also have a Nording large Freehand, and a Calabsh that I bought in England 35 years ago, that I have no idea what brand it is, that I enjoy smoking. I also have a custom Meerschaum, also unbranded, that is a wonderful smoker and is coloring nicely over the years. I have a lot of pipes, and enjoy them all, but one more really stands out. It is a Cary's Aerosphere Hampton straight stem that was sent to me by mistake, and they told me just to keep it. It is a great smoker and looks fabulous. I like it so much that I told them to just cancel the order for the Flame Briar that I ordered, and payed them for this one, despite their objections. They were going to let me have it for free (Carey's Customer Service is second to none). This is only one of many reasons I have been a loyal Carey's customer for over 30 years.

My favorites are my Rads, Ruthenbergs and Tinskys.
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

is peering in your window Hemsworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
    I have a lot of pipes, and enjoy them all, but one more really stands out. It is a Cary's Aerosphere Hampton straight stem that was sent to me by mistake, and they told me just to keep it. It is a great smoker and looks fabulous.
    Hi Joel. Is that what they call the "Duncan Hill Aerosphere" on Carey's website? I am intrigued and for the price I think that I might have to give one a try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast