Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

4Noggins Blends: Anyone tried either of these?

This is a discussion on 4Noggins Blends: Anyone tried either of these? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Father Orin: Matt Robillard has created a superb old time Va/Burley blend spced with a hint of bourbon and Honey. ...

4Noggins Blends: Anyone tried either of these?

Father Orin: Matt Robillard has created a superb old time Va/Burley blend spced with a hint of bourbon and Honey. 'nuff said
    Imagine: A slightly aromatic blend of Virginia, Burley, Deer Tongue, and Perique. Deer Tongue is a plant that imparts the flavor of Vanilla. Imagine is a nice and easy kinda all day blend.

Has anyone tried either of these?
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Variables's Avatar

Re: 4Noggins Blends: Anyone tried either of these?

No man sorry. However, I have enjoyed enough Bald Headed Teacher that I would feel comfortable ordering 2oz. of any of Rich's blends just to try. That Imagine blend has piqued my interest. Can't say I have ever noticed it before on his site.

If you guys are intrigued by the Deer Tongue in that one, check out the tin description of C&D Gentlemen Caller:

Grandma always kept a couple bowls of this fragrant blend of Virginias, Burleys, and a dash of Deer Tongue and Perique around as potpourri to make her favorite beaus feel right at home when they came calling. A Robillard blend

I just popped a tin of this a few weeks ago and I don't really like it. If you're interested, I'll split the tin and send it to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    If you guys are intrigued by the Deer Tongue in that one, check out the tin description of C&D Gentlemen Caller:

Grandma always kept a couple bowls of this fragrant blend of Virginias, Burleys, and a dash of Deer Tongue and Perique around as potpourri to make her favorite beaus feel right at home when they came calling. A Robillard blend

I just popped a tin of this a few weeks ago and I don't really like it. If you're interested, I'll split the tin and send it to you guys.
    I wouldn't mind a sample of it, shoot me a PM and we'll see if there's anything I can trade you in return.

What don't you like about it? I'm always a little concerned that a burley/vanilla light aromatic will end up smoking and smelling like a Swisher Sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    I wouldn't mind a sample of it, shoot me a PM and we'll see if there's anything I can trade you in return.

What don't you like about it? I'm always a little concerned that a burley/vanilla light aromatic will end up smoking and smelling like a Swisher Sweet...
    No trades required, I've got too much stuff open at the moment already. Thanks though!

YMMV, but I found the gentleman caller (probably the deer tongue in there) a bit strange. Something floral, perfumy, herbal (as in tea), not sure... I didn't really get vanilla, but I also wasn't looking for it. It didn't taste very sweet, and it's nothing like a swisher. It's not bad, just not my cuppa tea.

I've read a few reviews that say deer tongue imparts more of an almond, or even incense, flavor to the smoke. 'Never tried it myself so I look forward to a little sample. Thanks Dan, I'd give you an RG bump (again) if I could.