Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you could only have one!?

This is a discussion on If you could only have one!? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Thought this would be interesting! If you could only have one pipe and one blend of tobacco, what would they ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes A Midnight Maduro's Avatar

If you could only have one!?

Thought this would be interesting! If you could only have one pipe and one blend of tobacco, what would they be and why? Post a picture of the pipe if you have one or just describe it!

I personally cannot answer this question because I haven't got my pipe and baccy in the mail yet (: Looking forward to finding my favorite trusty combo though!

Cheers!
    Sometimes it is nice to enjoy the little things in life

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

Re: If you could only have one!?

I am going to wait for Tobias to weigh in on this one and then buy what he says if I haven't already

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Homborger Veermaster in either a Meer or a MM cob.

Young Puffer Fish

McClelland St. James Woods and my dunhill pipe.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Ennerdale Flake and one of my old Caminettos. Ennerdale Flake is absolutely heavenly.

Or aged Burley in one of my meers... It is hard for me to answer this as I own so many pipes and have recently found so many new tobaccos. Why limit limitless pleasure? Life is Good.

Is this topic becoming our version of "cello on or off"?

If I had to choose (and I know I'd be kicking myself in a week no matter what I chose) I think I'd go with McClelland's Matured Virginia No. 27. Not because it's my favorite, but because it's a more recent 'discovery' that I haven't smoked to death, and each tin I've popped has been better than the last. If I can only have one pipe, I have to take my Radice Silk Cut Bent Dublin, just because it has the biggest chamber out of my good smokers.
    ********.com

The pipe is easy, my Dunhill Shell Group 2 Billiard. Smokes great every time and is the perfect sized bowl for me...

The tobacco is very difficult, as my tastes seem to change all the time, but for today I'd say McClelland Honeydew.

I'm going to assume that I can take a hoard of a tobacco which is no longer made. If you find that hoard, please let me know.

Edgeworth Sliced it is.

If I'm unfairly forced to choose a tobacco made currently, then Louisiana Flake and Germain's Rich Dark Flake are running a close race. Shock, horror - I think the Germain's has the edge.

The "Why" for each of the tobaccos is, "Because I'll never grow tired of it." With that in mind, it MUST be Edgeworth Sliced. Smoked it for over ten years pretty much exclusively without tiring. Anything else was a minor diversion. I'd still be smoking it that way if it was readily available.

For the pipe, it's safest to take my Alco. It's been with me since my earliest pipe smoking days and the aluminium stem minimises the risk of breakage. You've got to think about these things. Can I have a couple of spare bowls and bits?

Picture of the pipe is hardly necessary. Think Falcon (surely everyone has one of these - if not, you should) and shrink it by about 10%. With a rusticated Dublin bowl. And a solid stem.

OK...

Here's a picture.

Attachment 78169
    Last edited by steinr1; 06-15-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

No longer a community member.

I'm really torn on the tobacco between a good English blend or a tasty Aro. I'm thinking either Dunhill Nightcap or Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. The pipe would be my Storient Meer. I think it would depend on the time of year you caught me. Fall and winter I would take the English, put the gun to my head in the spring or summer and it would be the Aro.

C&D Bow-Legged Bear, a full english of which I can't get enough (after a fight with 1792) and my MM 5th Avenue because the cobs can be smoked continously.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Is this topic becoming our version of "cello on or off"?

If I had to choose (and I know I'd be kicking myself in a week no matter what I chose) I think I'd go with McClelland's Matured Virginia No. 27.
    Or, Zombie Apocalypse or Desert Island, but with the addtion of the pipe?

Mmmm, I had added Va#27 to my wishlist this week; reminds me I must suffer a little TAD!

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    C&D Bow-Legged Bear
    I thought about buying a tin of this recently but I passed on it because I didn't want to seem insensitive to my handicapped ursidae friends (you know how politically correct everyone is nowadays )

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    I thought about buying a tin of this recently but I passed on it because I didn't want to seem insensitive to my handicapped ursidae friends (you know how politically correct everyone is nowadays )
    Yes, unfortunately. But since I yam, I can!

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Yes, unfortunately. But since I yam, I can!
    Thank you, Tobias, but no offence taken; apparently I was unclear - the polictical correctness is unfortunate - you were very funny, yet still PC!

I am proud to be bow-legged and love bears.

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Well aged FVF and my funky colored stem Sav Design. Light weight, comfortable bit, and smokes just as good as my much more expensive hand made pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    Well aged FVF...
    See? It hasn't even been a week and I regret my choice already...
    ********.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast