Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Attention all new pipe newbs!!

This is a discussion on Attention all new pipe newbs!! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Are you a new pipe smoker?? are you a tad wet behind the ears?? Have you ever tried to smoke ...

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Attention all new pipe newbs!!

Are you a new pipe smoker?? are you a tad wet behind the ears?? Have you ever tried to smoke pipe tobacco using a beer can like that homeless dude in your neighborhood? well if you did , stop!

I need 4 newbs for a top secret experiment. Now when i mean newbs i really mean newbs. I want you to really be digging the pipe world and also in need of a cob or looking for a first briar or a second one. I will be taking a look at your profiles so please spare me the trouble and not be a 30+ year smoker with 200 pipes. looking to help out NEWBS only. Dont get to excited there will be no dunhills or Petersons POYs being sent. Just something that a newb would appreciate.

If interested add your name to the list (copy and paste)

but heres where things get silly stupid Shemp style!

the entrees will have to then battle shogun style by picking a number from 1-20, (not expecting more the 20 people to enter this silly contest any way)
    Once you make the final 4 you will be assigned a #. obviously 1,2,3 Or 4. and you then can either keep that # or trade it with another member. now why would you want to trade your #???? HAHAHAHAHHAHA, THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INSANE!!!!!!! well not really. Each # comes with a one word Description and you can then decide to trade with one of the other winners. and that is all i have to say on that subject.

Well enough talking lets get this experiment started!!

Last edited by Shemp75; 07-03-2013 at 03:10 AM.
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Re: Attention all new pipe newbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shemp75 View Post
    Are you a new pipe smoker?? Have you ever tried to smoke pipe tobacco using a beer can like that homeless dude in your neighborhood?
    Hmm shrimpy, I think that's something other than pipe baccy in that beer can!

I'm a 6mo pipe noob...?

I'm a newb & so's my wife! (yells whilst tied to a cross, best Monty Python style).

Nice one Shemp, way to step up.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I've done cigars for a while, but I'm new to pipes (as in, got my cob yesterday). Add me to the list!

1. divedoc

No longer a community member.

Once you make the final 4 you will be assigned a #. obviously 1,2,3 Or 4. and you then can either keep that # or trade it with another member. now why would you want to trade your #???? HAHAHAHAHHAHA, THIS IS WHERE IT GETS INSANE!!!!!!! well not really. Each # comes with a one word Description and you can then decide to trade with one of the other winners. and that is all i have to say on that subject.
    I hope this doesn't end up like the Let's Make a Deal where someone traded their brand new Camaro for an elderly goat concubine. This is exciting- nice gesture!

I've only been at this since August so sign me up!

1. divedoc
    2. chris0673

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    I've only been at this since August so sign me up!
    Well, if you get to sign up, then so do I! I really want an elderly goat concubine...

1. divedoc
    2. chris0673
    3. TTecheTTe

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Well if by you mean noob you mean someone who's been curious to try a pipe but has yet to get around to it, then I'm in.

1. divedoc
    2. chris0673
    3. TTecheTTe
    4. ACasazza
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

I think that I'm most likely to be called a 3 year newb with possibly 10+/- pipes but I still joined the puff community recently...am I still eligible?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ezlevor's Avatar

I've only been piping for a few months now. I did just pick up a nice new briar, but it's only my second and the only baccy I've smoked is house blends from my local shop.

1. divedoc
    2. chris0673
    3. TTecheTTe
    4. ACasazza
    5. ezlevor

So you're saying that smoking a pipe for 30 odd years and owning about 500 somehow disqualifies me from being considered a greenhorn?

Fascist!

(I'm incandescent with excitement and will be avidly following your antics. This post was a device to make sure I got notification of the latest posts. Newbie fighting. What could be better?)
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Puffer Fish with many spikes JKlavins's Avatar

I had a drugstore pipe and drugstore tobacco in my early 20s, I only got serious about 8 months ago, does that disqualify or qualify me? hehe cheers!

I'm a pipe noob!
    I have a nording pipe, and an old cob I don't really use.
    I just took part in the newbie sampler trade... which was my first real introduction to good pipe tobacco.
    (Though once at a herf many years ago - I did get to sample some)

If I meet the criteria... I'm in!

1. divedoc
    2. chris0673
    3. TTecheTTe
    4. ACasazza
    5. ezlevor
    6. Mad4Cigars

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Hmm shrimpy, I think that's something other than pipe baccy in that beer can!

I'm a 6mo pipe noob...?
    Mari, You know dam well you have a better set up then most full blown pipers!

but you can join if you want.

Remember signing up on the list doesnt win you nothing yet it just gets you into the # picking section of this whacky game. I will of course do a bit of research so no old Fogs sneak in. So depending on your prior posts and total pipe newbness, entries may receive extra super duper bonus first come first serve picks.

Dont be shy ladies and gentleman sign up if you're a sad sad little newb. MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

Mari, You know dam well you have a better set up then most full blown pipers!

but you can join if you want.

No kidding right? LOL She's got more tobacco than a lot of the "old" guys! I just seen that order she posted. Plus I know she's got a whole buncha cobs!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast