Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wow Stonehaven...who knew?

This is a discussion on Wow Stonehaven...who knew? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So after a few bowls of Stonehaven I'm hooked. This stuff is awesome! Now I know what all the fuss ...

Wow Stonehaven...who knew?

So after a few bowls of Stonehaven I'm hooked. This stuff is awesome! Now I know what all the fuss is about!

I am hoping that P&C still has it in a month. Gonna make a big order. In the meantime...I'm going to sharply ration the sample I have left!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Wow Stonehaven...who knew?

They have it there?!? I always check and never even see a place where they carry it on that site that says out of stock backorder or in stock.

A few threads back someone said it was in stock. It went quick.

All Stonehaven 8 oz bags at P&C have to be ordered by phone. You can't click on it and order on the computer. They don't even list the Stonehaven to avoid vultures who cruise the internet looking to resell it. If they have Penzance, there is a chance they have Stonehaven.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    They don't even list the Stonehaven to avoid vultures who cruise the internet looking to resell it.

I believe for a while they listed it under "Crack and other highly addictive drugs"

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    I believe for a while they listed it under "Crack and other highly addictive drugs"
    hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    All Stonehaven 8 oz bags at P&C have to be ordered by phone. You can't click on it and order on the computer. They don't even list the Stonehaven to avoid vultures who cruise the internet looking to resell it. If they have Penzance, there is a chance they have Stonehaven.

That's good to know! Thanks Nick!

Yeah I'd be surprised if they still have it now, let alone in a month.

I'll just have to set some cash aside then and ration what I have left. It was a great hour long smoke and I was a little heady afterwards. But man, I'm hooked! I can't remember who sent me the sample but from the bottom of my heart I thank you!

Disinterested

I turned my local B&M onto it, so now I get a phone call everytime it shows up. Overall, I'd have to say it's my favorite. It's just so smooth, mild and complex, it works any time of day.

My sympathies. You've been turned on to Stonehaven, a nearly impossible to find "vaporware" tobacco. You will now join the crowds that get on online retailer mailing lists and scour pipe forums for a hint that it may be coming available so that you can try to get some in the 2-5 minutes between it being put up on the website and selling out. You can add to your frustrations (though substantially increase your chance of getting some once every year or two) by hitting the local B&M shops as well. Now, if you want to double your experience, let me know and I'll send you a sample of almost equally hard to find Penzance.

I haven't been able to get to a website when it was in stock or happen on to it in person for nearly 2 years. My 8oz bag of it that I jarred up 2+ years ago is getting mighty lean(and I've always been careful to ration it quite carefully).

While there is nothing quite like Stonehaven, there are a few that make good substitutes until you can find it. I find the G&H Best Brown #2 and SG Best Brown to have a similar character (though the G&H has a bit of Lakeland flavoring). I've heard some people describe the also nearly impossible to find Germain Brown Flake as "Stonehaven light" and I'd love to get some next time I see some available to test that out. It does make sense that JF Germain would have similar tobaccos since Esoterica is a US only brand made by Germain. I'm personally tempted to try the easier to find Germain Medium Flake to see if there is any resemblance. It doesn't have to taste like Stoney, just have some similarities and I'll be happy.

Supposedly, the Germain Rich Dark Flake is the same thing. It is not available here in the US market, but keep that in mind next time you go overseas. Also, sometimes you can find European tobacco websites that will ship to the US. If you can get it, that may well be worth a shot.

Good luck in your new endeavor which is destined to take a disproportionate chunk of your time and efforts: the ongoing effort to get your hands on some very good, but very tough to find tobacco. If you find it, make sure you let us know on the forum (but only after you place your order- the time it takes to start the thread may be the time it takes for it to sell out).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    You can add to your frustrations (though substantially increase your chance of getting some once every year or two) by hitting the local B&M shops as well. Now, if you want to double your experience, let me know and I'll send you a sample of almost equally hard to find Penzance.

Now that is a great idea! I've got a pretty good B&M up the road in Williamsburg: Havana Connections. I'll have to talk to the guy next time I'm up there to restock my cigar supply...which will be pretty dang soon judging by the amount of room in the humidor!

glad I have a pound of stony, and 8 ounces of Penzanses saved up. Then again stony is a once in awhile smoke for me heh

I really like stonehaven but refuse to smoke it. I have a good stock pile, I just cant enjoy the bowl knowing I have one less! HAHAHA Werid I know. I just dont want to get hooked on it and not be able to replenish my stash. Im usally able to find it once a year or so.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by BigBehr View Post
    I really like stonehaven but refuse to smoke it. I have a good stock pile, I just cant enjoy the bowl knowing I have one less! HAHAHA Werid I know. I just dont want to get hooked on it and not be able to replenish my stash. Im usally able to find it once a year or so.
    I understand! It's one of those things that you where you feel content because you have it.. but thats as far as it goes. Just got my package of it and I feel the same way. It looks so good in the jar I just want to leave it as it is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast