Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

View Poll Results: August TOTM

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Solani Aged Burley

3 12.00%
  • Sillem's Mayor 1814 Flake

0 0%
  • Rattray's Hal O The Wynd

1 4.00%
  • Mcclelland's Deep Hollow

1 4.00%
  • C&D's Guilford Flake

0 0%
  • Samuel Gaiwith 1792 Flake

6 24.00%
  • Petersen's Hyde Park

1 4.00%
  • C&D Bowlegged Bear

10 40.00%
  • PS Bullseye Flake

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

August TOTM Poll

This is a discussion on August TOTM Poll within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Ok folks, here we go. Get on your Sunday best and head out to the polls and vote, vote, vote! ...

August TOTM Poll

Ok folks, here we go. Get on your Sunday best and head out to the polls and vote, vote, vote!

Solani Aged Burley - This blended flake contains dark brown Burley from Kentucky, light Burley from Brazil, and white Burley from Malawi (southeast Africa). Will developed a unique toasting process to make the blend slightly sweet.

Sillem's Mayor 1814 Flake - Selected matured Virginias aged for a long period under pressure. This blend offers a subtle aroma of honey and orange

Rattrays Hal o the Wynd - A pure Virginian tobacco of a most unusual share of strength". This is a strong, sharp aged red Virginia blend that will perk you up quickly.

Mcclellands Deep Hollow - Far into the woods, away from the urban cacophony, is where the light, fragrant blend of rich Red Stoved Virginias is designed to transport the smoker. Relax and enjoy the moment.

C&D's Guilford Flake - C&D pays tribute to our heritage with Guilford Courthouse, a new Virginias blend named for the closing battle of the Southern Campaign during the American Revolution. Fought in our home state of North Carolina, we find it fitting to honor this battle that took place in part of what would become known as the tobacco "Old Belt" with a blend of the finest Red and Bright Virginias grown in the Old Belt region. And, just like the Revolutionary War soldiers adding a pinch of salt to their stew, we've added a pinch of extraordinary Izmir Oriental leaf for spice and to enhance the sweetness of the Virginias. We trust you'll enjoy this new blend from C&D.

Samuel Gaiwith 1792 Flake - This is a full strength, mellow tobacco comprising a blend of dark fired Tanzanian leaf. It is Gawith's best-selling premium grade flake. It starts as 7 lbs. of hand stripped leaf and goes through a steaming process prior to being pressed. The cake, having been prepared, is wrapped in a select leaf and packed by hand into a 12 inch square. This cake is pressed and left for a minimum of two hours. Then, the pressed cake is placed into a steam press where it is baked at full heat for two to three hours. The baked cake has then taken on 1792's characteristic rich, dark color. It's hardening occurs during cooling. Once the process of cutting the flake and adding a tonquin flavor is carried out, hand wrapping and packing finalizes 1792, making it ready for rubbing into your pipe. Also sold as Cob Flake in Europe.

Petersen's Hyde Park - Hyde Park is a traditional English blend of bright and dark fired Virginias, sun cured Indian and Burleys tobaccos. This luxurious smoking experience is achieved by the addition of rum and maple sugars to pressed mahogany tobacco.

C&D Bow Legged Bear - This tobacco always burns well and is easy to smoke (it helps that it is the PERFECT moisture right out of the tin). The foremost flavour at this early stage of the smoke is all nutty burley, and powerful perique. This is a very complex tobacco, and truthfully, even though I have been smoking it for a good amount of time, it still gives me a different flavour profile each smoke. Midway-ish through the bowl the nicotine is making itself known, and is carried on wings of dark chocolate, the best way I can think to describe it is a nutty chocolate bar, almondy, and bitter-sweet chocolate. Sadly I find the latakia takes a background role with the VAs. That is until the end of the bowl, where all the tobaccos serenade you in a most choral fashion, with each sip, you are rewarded with a different flavour. *sip* 'mmmm sweet virginia', *sip* 'oh hello perique, you are most spicy today', *sip* 'pine needles?'. All while breathing yourself through the nicotine fed heart palpitations. Quite a smoke, not for the faint of heart, and best when you have nowhere to go and nothing to do!
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

PS Bullseye Flake - A blend of ripe Virginia tobacco spiced with pure Louisiana Perique. The distinctive aroma of Perique combined with the natural sweetness of Virginia tobaccos provides a wonderful characteristic taste. The center of mellow, fermented Black Cavendish serves to smoother the general impression and rounding the taste. It is all a handcrafted process from selecting the best tobacco, blending, rolling, cutting, and packing. The result is an unparalleled smoking experience.

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

Re: August TOTM Poll

I'm going to vote on this one but you may as well toss my ballot in the trash because I haven't tried any of the other ones

However...

I do really enjoy the Bullseye Flake lately. I like it rubbed out until the center breaks up a bit. Tried folding the coins in half and just tamping them down like some have mentioned on this and other sites but didn't like that at all. I don't know if this is considered an aro or a VaPer but it smells great both in the jar and lit. I like it a lot - might just order a full log of it soon

Yess my nominee is pulling ahead again!! haha ;-)

Nope! :-)
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

I voted for the best tobacco in the world, I'd love an excuse to smoke more of it.....
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    I voted for the best tobacco in the world, I'd love an excuse to smoke more of it.....
    Hmmmm.....I wonder what that could be.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by indigosmoke View Post
    Hmmmm.....I wonder what that could be.
    Hahaha, yes, I'm quite predictable.

If only Irish Flake was on the list eh?
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

POINT OF ORDER!

Ok folks I messed up. Back in February 1792 Flake was TOTM. Is it fair to let it have another go in the same year?

The egalitarian in me wants to say that if a tobacco is that good, shouldn't it be allowed more than one shot? At the same time, what is the goal of this? to try different tobaccos?

I think that was the original intent of this poll. I do apologize for not researching the nominations properly. I will smoke a bowl of 1792 as penance (I really do NOT like the stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    POINT OF ORDER!

Ok folks I messed up. Back in February 1792 Flake was TOTM. Is it fair to let it have another go in the same year?
    In that case, I vote that we switch it with Irish Flake!

Careful what you say about 1792 though

LOL I personally do not prefer it, and yes I've tried it. However, I would never say it is a bad tobacco. Just not for me. If you like it, great.

Chris what happens in the event of a tie?

We go into a tie breaker. Basically a 24-48 hour poll depending on the number of ties. It happens every now and then.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast