Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Igor's pipe carving thread.

This is a discussion on Igor's pipe carving thread. within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by jco3rd That is so cool!! What tools do you use to carve? John, I use amall carving ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes iggy_jet's Avatar

Re: Igor's pipe carving thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jco3rd View Post
    That is so cool!! What tools do you use to carve?
    John,

I use amall carving tools, files, dremel tool and desktop combo disk and belt sander
    And sandpaper on a block or by itself.
    It's all freehand, no lathe.

These are some really interesting and beautiful pipe shapes! I dig the "cob" :-)
    ...Drink Coka-Koala™!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKoala View Post
    These are some really interesting and beautiful pipe shapes! I dig the "cob" :-)
    Thank you Frank,
    I find it very interesting that so many people like the "Country Gentlemen aka. Cob pipe". I would have thought that the first pipe that I made would be the most popular.
    It has the best grain on the briar and is the most massive pipe. It realy feel good in your hand when you hold it....
    But, I guess pipes are like anything else, everyone has a favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by iggy_jet View Post
    Thank you Frank,
    I find it very interesting that so many people like the "Country Gentlemen aka. Cob pipe". I would have thought that the first pipe that I made would be the most popular.
    It has the best grain on the briar and is the most massive pipe. It realy feel good in your hand when you hold it....
    But, I guess pipes are like anything else, everyone has a favorite...
    Like you say, everyone has a favorite. I can see why the first one is special - on second look, it looks massive and beautiful. But, since I like classic shapes, I'm drawn towards your cob :-)
    ...Drink Coka-Koala™!

looks like its coming along rather nicely

kudos on the craftsmanship, very nice

Worked on it this morning.
    Mostly done, just need to touch up a few spots.

Here is the same pipe, but some better pictures.

Looks fantastic Igor, a true beaut!

Shiny!!

Are you going to put a bend in the stem, Igor?

John, I was thinking the same thing..
    Yes, I will put a slight bend in the stem... I smoke the pipe the other day and I am loving it... but it will be more comfortable with a slight bend.

Now that is a talent good looking pipe

Igor that is a beautiful pipe! If you ever consider selling let me know! lol

I'm going to be getting some tools here in a month or so and start carving my own. The intent is to sell and support my pipe habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0673 View Post
    Igor that is a beautiful pipe! If you ever consider selling let me know! lol

I'm going to be getting some tools here in a month or so and start carving my own. The intent is to sell and support my pipe habit.
    Chris, I guess if I want to keep a pipe for myself I shouldn't post a picture.
    I am happy that so many of you like my work. But I still have a lot of learning and much more practice carving etc. to make a flawless pipe.
    Eddy bought my pipe #3 , and told me that he likes the pipe but gave me a long list of thing that should be better. Things like drilling wasn't 100% center, and the bowl is not drilled smooth as well as some pieces that needed to be cleaned out from the air chamber and stem.... you get the point.
    But to make a long story short, if you realy like the pipe and don't mind the fact that it has been smoked two times I guess I can make myself an other one and you can have this one.

Let me know. But keep in mind I am still learning this wonderfull art.

Igor

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Er999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iggy_jet View Post
    Chris, I guess if I want to keep a pipe for myself I shouldn't post a picture.
    I am happy that so many of you like my work. But I still have a lot of learning and much more practice carving etc. to make a flawless pipe.
    Eddy bought my pipe #3 , and told me that he likes the pipe but gave me a long list of thing that should be better. Things like drilling wasn't 100% center, and the bowl is not drilled smooth as well as some pieces that needed to be cleaned out from the air chamber and stem.... you get the point.
    But to make a long story short, if you realy like the pipe and don't mind the fact that it has been smoked two times I guess I can make myself an other one and you can have this one.

Let me know. But keep in mind I am still learning this wonderfull art.

Igor
    The bowl not being smooth is what I perceived it to be, I don't know if it ok to be semi smooth or whatever but just wanted to clarify that part for igor and everyone else. All the other info are spot on. Haven't smoked it yet, need to decide what blend to dedicate but will let everyone know when I do.

Eddy,

I realy appreciate your honest opinion, it's the only way I can improve.

Thank you for your input.

Igor

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast