Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Aromatic Virginia Blends

This is a discussion on Aromatic Virginia Blends within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; It is starting to become clear to me that I really enjoy these. My favorite tobacco so far is Deep ...

Aromatic Virginia Blends

It is starting to become clear to me that I really enjoy these. My favorite tobacco so far is Deep Hollow and thanks to a trade with Scotch, I have discovered Dan's sweet vanilla honeydew. I thoroughly enjoy both of these, and they are examples of what I am looking for in a pipe tobacco. So, with that being said, I am looking for any other suggestions on aromatic or sweet Virginia blends. Let 'em rip.

Oh yeah, I also tried McClellands Holiday Sprit thanks to Scotch and really enjoyed that as well.

Re: Aromatic Virginia Blends

one of my favorite aromatic blends that I enjoy is Macbaren black sea. It's a Virginia based toasted cavendish that I really enjoy caz you get the sweet natural taste of Virginia in the background.

Robert McConnell Red Virginia is my favorite of this variety. Mostly Virginia, a little Perique, and a "spicy top note" (that's from the tin), which I think is probably strawberry. It's delish!

Navigator from GL Pease and After Hours from C&D are both VA blends with a rum topping. I haven't tried them yet but they are on my short list.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Puffer Fish with some spikes BrSpiritus's Avatar

Commonsenseman would definitely recommend Samuel Gawith 1792 whilst I would be more inclined to highly recommend Firedance Flake from the same company. Essentially it's their best brown flake flavored with Blackberries, Brandy and a hint of vanilla... gosh just talking about it makes me want to go crack the tin I have sitting unopened by my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by BrSpiritus View Post
    Commonsenseman would definitely recommend Samuel Gawith 1792 whilst I would be more inclined to highly recommend Firedance Flake from the same company. Essentially it's their best brown flake flavored with Blackberries, Brandy and a hint of vanilla... gosh just talking about it makes me want to go crack the tin I have sitting unopened by my bed.
    Well, 1792 is THE Aromatic VA. Firedance flake is also quite good.

But, the few blends you're mentioned makes it sound like you may enjoy Luxury Twist Flake. It's a grassy, somewhat mild, chocolate/vanilla Virginia.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-