Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Path away from Aromatics

This is a discussion on Path away from Aromatics within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Frog Morton on The Town was my first english type blend and I loved it. Bobs Chocolate flake is interesting ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Path away from Aromatics

Frog Morton on The Town was my first english type blend and I loved it. Bobs Chocolate flake is interesting because its definitely not your usual aro. I really liked it but the floral/lakeland kind of background aroma might turn off some. It intrigued me because it was a totally new experience. I also really like Classic Burley kake from H&H slightly aromatic but plenty of tobacco taste and natural nuttyness.

Maturing Puffer Fish Pipe Pastor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Huzzah! We'll soon have you addicted to the viciously strong ropes. My personal favourite is Black Bogie... Aromatic. But not aromatic as you are used to. A bit of sweetener and extra dark flavours only.

(Nice to hear that you have a little (?) pipe circle going. I'm normally a grumpy lone smoker.)
    yeah i've got a group that I smoke once a week with at a local pipe shop and another group that we pipe and play poker once every couple of weeks. It's definitely a great group and loved trying a tin together. Super fun experience for all of us, hope to do it again!!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Glad you found frog Morton! In your journey tobaccoreviews.com can be your friend. You haven't said whether nicotine can be an issue. I tried university. flake and it seemed strong to me where full Virginia flake did not. My go to for now is macbaren Vanilla cream. An aero that bites some folk's tongue off I can smoke all day long, but a highly recommended University Flake has me screaming too much vitamin N. Moral is that taste is subjective. Mark Twain said it long ago: "No one can tell you what the right smoke is. . . . For you." Like what you smoke and smoke what you like!

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    SP sent me a sample of Lane HG-2000 in my last order. I smoked some this morning and thought, "why don't I smoke more aromatics like this?" It was delish. It's a burley blend that is lightly aromatic, like nougat or something.
    Got the same sample and thought the same thing. Given that I have have a box full of aromatics (good one's like Boswell's) that I have not touched in 6 years because I don't like aros I'd say that's a good sign for the humble Lane 2000. Funny you mentioned it as I've been wondering if my buds were just off the day I begrudgingly tried it.

Branching out is fun and makes you appreciate the tobaccos you like a little more. Good luck in trying some new blends!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Marlow's Avatar

My recommendation would be Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader, nice english that is not overpowering. It was the first english I tried and it is still one of my favourite tobaccos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2