Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ok, here's a question for you pipe pros.....

This is a discussion on Ok, here's a question for you pipe pros..... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I would as something to this discussion but both you guys pretty much laid it all out. Great info, I ...

Wizard of the puff shire Gandalf The Gray's Avatar

Re: Ok, here's a question for you pipe pros.....

I would as something to this discussion but both you guys pretty much laid it all out. Great info, I believe I am going to just give it a coat of wax. I will post some updated picture once I get them both complete.

Puffer Fish with some spikes iggy_jet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf The Gray View Post
    I would as something to this discussion but both you guys pretty much laid it all out. Great info, I believe I am going to just give it a coat of wax. I will post some updated picture once I get them both complete.
    I love having a choice in life.
    Looking forward to seeing pics.

Alright, finally got around to finishing this pipe. I was not able to do the ox blood like I had planned, I will have to hunt some leather dye down for any future pipes I do. So I just left it natural color. The carnauba wax shined up great, but I did add a little too much , A smooth Pipe I can put a nice even thin coat on, this one it was a pain in the ass! But, I was able to work it into all the cracks and crevices. I will have to do some searching and see if there is anyway to thin the wax out or remove the excess. So, here is some pictures in case anybody is interested.

Great job on the pipe Matt...

Quote Originally Posted by iggy_jet View Post
    Great job on the pipe Matt...
    Thanks Igor, I can't tell if that is sarcasm in you're text or not . But it turned out ok. I know now what not to do if using wax on a rusticated pipe. The straight pipe I will do a lacquer or maybe polyurethane finish possibly. I'm not sure yet

No sarcasm at all ... you did a great job rustication that pipe.
    Wax is much more easy to apply on a smooth pipe...

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Absolutely beautiful! Nice work. I hope it gives you many years of smoking pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf The Gray View Post
    Alright, finally got around to finishing this pipe. I was not able to do the ox blood like I had planned, I will have to hunt some leather dye down for any future pipes I do. So I just left it natural color. The carnauba wax shined up great, but I did add a little too much , A smooth Pipe I can put a nice even thin coat on, this one it was a pain in the ass! But, I was able to work it into all the cracks and crevices. I will have to do some searching and see if there is anyway to thin the wax out or remove the excess. So, here is some pictures in case anybody is interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3