Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Top 3 Tobaccos!

This is a discussion on Top 3 Tobaccos! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Wow, really been doing some posting today! lol Not sure if it's withdrawal from being away from the forum for ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Top 3 Tobaccos!

Wow, really been doing some posting today! lol Not sure if it's withdrawal from being away from the forum for so long or if work really is just that slow today! hahaha

Anyway, I tend to get stuck in the habit of going back to the same thing once I find something I like. When I started smoking a pipe I loved Eng/Lat blends, so that was all I smoked. Then I found Penzance, which was my fav and again all I really smoked. Then I was turned on to other blends not containing Lat and found 2 that I absolutely love in Stonehaven & Hamborger Veermaster. So now I find that I smoke these 2 blends like 70% of the time, Penzance like 20% of the time, and the other 10% of the time trying new stuff. As of late I really haven't found anything I can say I'm "crazy" about. Closest thing would be GLP Jacknife Plug & Haddo's Delight. Both great smokes, but I don't have the drive to smoke them like my favorites.

So in this thread I'd like you to list your top 3 tobaccos. If I were going to try 1 of them which would you recommend and why do you like it so much.

My top 3 are def Stoney, HV, & Penzance with Stoney being at the top! To me there is just nothing else like it out there, at least that I've tried. It isn't overpowering with body, but yet has enough flavor to satisfy any smoker. It is the smoke that got me to realize that pipe tobacco blends don't need Lat to be good and have a ton of flavor. In fact it along w/ HV is what put Eng/Lat blends on the back burner for me.

Re: Top 3 Tobaccos!

1) 1792 (obviously) I recommend this because it's quite possibly the most unique tobacco on the market. Very rich & flavorful, but not as strong as some of the ropes. The tonquin flavor makes this blend truly extraordinary.
    2) Aged Burley Flake
    3) Orlik Golden Sliced

I totally agree about Stonehaven. If I could get ahold of it, it would probably be #2 .
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I like HV, Royal Yacht, and for number three, either EMP or Prince Albert.

If ya haven't tried Dunhills Royal Yacht, give it a try. Unique flavor and rather strong.

Stonehaven
    Royal Yacht
    Chelsea Morning or London Mixture (hard to decide)
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I have tried 1792 and I did enjoy it very much. In fact I have an open tin as we speak.

That's 2 people recommending RY and I've heard good things about it in the past. The few Dunhill tobaccos I've tried never really did it for me. Thisnis prob the reason I've never tried RY, but I guess it's time!

Thanks guys, great recommendations!

I don't think my top three have changed in the week since this was done last...
    ********.com

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I don't think my top three have changed in the week since this was done last...
    Trudat!

Top 3 fave tobaccos for your pipes
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

You guys are far too limiting. My top three are Virginia, Burley and Oriental or any combination of the 3 no matter how cured

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Zeabed's Avatar

FVF
    Tudor Castle
    Aged Burley Flake
    I sure like those French fried taters. Mmm jhmm.