Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

st. patricks day 2012 999 pete

This is a discussion on st. patricks day 2012 999 pete within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; My local B&M has 2 peterson St. Patrick's Day 2012 pipes in the 999 Rhodesian shape. Price isn't terrible for ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

st. patricks day 2012 999 pete

My local B&M has 2 peterson St. Patrick's Day 2012 pipes in the 999 Rhodesian shape. Price isn't terrible for a B&M and I'd like to shop there if it doesn't break the bank. First, I LOVE this shape. It really does "talk" to me. Second, both are fishtail bits so I don't have to worry about the p-lip questions. My questions are the size of the bowl and for those who have a 999 fishtail, will it pass a pipe cleaner? I use a pipe cleaner while smoking as I smoke wet and that is a big consideration. In the store both looked small and web sites show the 999 runs in smaller sizes. How long is your average smoke? This is more curiosity since I can take one of my pipes and compare. Last, and most important, how does the 999 smoke?

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Re: st. patricks day 2012 999 pete

If I remember right the 999 is their biggest seller so you can't really go wrong, but I'm no Pete expert. There is a good chance a pipe cleaner won't go all the way through as it's a bent Pete, but I'd simply go down to the b&m with a cleaner and see for myself. They won't care. Check the drilling and if it talks to you snap it up. If my local pipe shop has the pipe I'm after, so I'm able to check it out beforehand I'd be happy to pay extra for that.