Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Pipe Tobacco Mix Success

This is a discussion on Pipe Tobacco Mix Success within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So I had my fantasy football draft at my local B&M last night and I decided to rub out some ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Pipe Tobacco Mix Success

So I had my fantasy football draft at my local B&M last night and I decided to rub out some Hamborger Veermaster. Rubbed out what I thought was enough for 2 bowls. Turns out I only ended up smoking. So today I grabbed the rest of what I rubbed out the night before. Turns out it was only about 2/3 of a bowl. Instead of rubbing out some more HV I decided to add Stonehaven for the other third of a bowl. Turned out to be quite a success. Not suggesting you rub out all that highly coveted Stoney to mix, but if you are looking for a change of pace might be worth a try!

Thanks
    Mike

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Re: Pipe Tobacco Mix Success

Interesting idea and I might have to try this as they are both great tobacco's, but if it completely ruins the taste of my Stoney (even 1 bowl) I'm gonna come looking for ya!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

There's a lot of threads on this topic and it's definitely good fun to try. Nice to hear you had a success.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Thirston View Post
    Interesting idea and I might have to try this as they are both great tobacco's, but if it completely ruins the taste of my Stoney (even 1 bowl) I'm gonna come looking for ya!
    Hahahaha...I would completely understand! lol Stoney is my fav and HV is without a doubt #2 to me, but there is a big gap between the 2. Not saying I'm going to do this all the time, but i thought I'd see how it went and I will say I rather enjoyed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewdk View Post
    There's a lot of threads on this topic and it's definitely good fun to try. Nice to hear you had a success.
    It's about time! lol every other time I've tried something like this it hasn't turned out well at all!!! lol

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

I think a mix of strong and mild work best. Ropes n a little OTC burley are cracking. I think the trick is two blends that can complement without losing their distinctive. notes, not easy given the complexity of most blends and the neutrality (does that make any sence lol) of others.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk