Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Tobacco suggestions for a group try.

This is a discussion on Tobacco suggestions for a group try. within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey everyone. We have a group of pipers that get together at least once a month sometimes more to smoke ...

Maturing Puffer Fish Pipe Pastor's Avatar

Tobacco suggestions for a group try.

Hey everyone.

We have a group of pipers that get together at least once a month sometimes more to smoke and play cards. Not too long ago we tried a tin as a group to try and expand our tastes. We went with Frog Morton.

It was an awesome experience as we all tried the baccy and shared our thoughts on the subtle note in the blend.

We are searching for more blends to try as a group. Would love things that have a following, fun story, or interesting characteristic about them.

Thoughts?

BTW, all of us have been smoking around a year except for the newest member who recently jumped on the P&C Customer Appreciation special.

Re: Tobacco suggestions for a group try.

That's really cool, I wish I lived in SC so I could join you!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

You might check the Tobacco of the Month reviews and go with something sounds interesting. This month only one person reviewed Bow Legged Bear, but it looks pretty nice! Other months have more reviews.

August Tobacco of the Month
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

No longer a community member.

Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. It is the epitome of wonderful. I think everyone should try it. I would give it to children to try if that wasn't explicitly against the law.

Wizard of the puff shire Gandalf The Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. It is the epitome of wonderful. I think everyone should try it. I would give it to children to try if that wasn't explicitly against the law.
    Again with the Honeydew. I think you guys are jut paid promoters for the brand and blend company

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    You might check the Tobacco of the Month reviews and go with something sounds interesting. This month only one person reviewed Bow Legged Bear, but it looks pretty nice! Other months have more reviews.

That's a good idea, you could even do your own voting system. Fun idea might be to go by brand or series like the McClleland craftbury series, GL Pease's range is also done in series.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I agree with Jim. Why not mirror what you are tasting with the tobacco of the month. That way when you are done you can compare notes from yourself and friends to that of people on the forum. Makes deciding what to buy easy too as you don't have to make a choice! Great one this moth in Hamborger Veermaster, so I'd def give that a go!!!

I remember your posts on "the path away from aromatics" and that your group was familiar with that general area. So I'll recommend that most prosaic of "blends" - Dunhill Flake. A "straight" Virginia with no frills but a great, high quality tobacco typical of the genre. Also Dunhill's Deluxe Navy Rolls for a Virginia blend with Perique. In fact, any of the currently available Dunhill tobaccos are a good place to experience traditional non-aromatic blends. Some are quite highly cased and flavoured (Royal Yacht) or are "English" with Orientals including Latakia (Early Morning Pipe, My Mixture 965, Standard and London Mixtures). Good tobaccos all and different from your "usual" aromatics. They may not be the most exciting of blends (and certainly not their names) but none are disappointing and all are quite representative of their type.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

We were looking at some Early Morning Pipe for the next try for sure. Like the suggestions Robert, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post

I like this idea. Might have to jump on it.