Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Frogmorton's Cellar

This is a discussion on Frogmorton's Cellar within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by BrSpiritus To call this an aromatic is to be disingenuous as it's not cased... I'm guessing (hoping) ...

Re: Frogmorton's Cellar

Quote Originally Posted by BrSpiritus View Post
    To call this an aromatic is to be disingenuous as it's not cased...
    I'm guessing (hoping) that this is a slip of the keyboard and the intention was to note the lack of any (noticeable) aromatic topping.

It's one of my red-light issues when uncased pipe tobacco is discussed. That, along with pipe tobacco being somehow more "natural" (and therefore practically a health food - how we love to delude ourselves) than cigarette tobacco. (OK - It may have one or two fewer specific additives but latching on to that is patently ridiculous. "I only shoot myself in the head with a very slightly smaller calibre round. That makes me virtuous and safe." [OK - I also aim slightly off-centre as I don't inhale pipes])

All pipe tobacco is cased. It would be unsmokeable otherwise. There may be a very few exceptions like Belgian Semois - although I only have the Internet's word on that and we all know how reliable that is. The casing may be quite light and "unflavoured", i.e. a simple sugar solution, but cased it will be.

Even my old favourite, Edgeworth Sliced, which I naively took to be "straight tobacco" for years, was cased. I was knowledgeably discussing tobaccos in (I think) JJ Fox with an old duffer when the "purity" of Edgeworth came up. He smiled and told me "Of course it's cased. Everything is."

Rant over.

BTW - Nice review.
    Last edited by steinr1; 09-08-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Puffer Fish with some spikes BrSpiritus's Avatar

Re: Frogmorton's Cellar

Duly noted, I'll go do my homework now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2