Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A find I've been waiting a long time for...

This is a discussion on A find I've been waiting a long time for... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Branzig I'm glad that you survived And I am a SPORTS fan! But I only watch baseball ...

Re: A find I've been waiting a long time for...

Quote Originally Posted by Branzig View Post
    I'm glad that you survived

And I am a SPORTS fan! But I only watch baseball during the world series, not a big regular season guy. My go to sports are NCAA basketball and NFL.
    Nice, who's your team?

I have unhealthy obsessions with Notre Dame football, Purdue basketball, and of course the White Sox. Needless to say my last sports year has been chock full of disappointment.
    Everything I say should be read in a sarcastic manner first. If the sarcasm makes no sense, read it as if I'm drunk.

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Quote Originally Posted by 04EDGE40 View Post
    Nice, who's your team?

I have unhealthy obsessions with Notre Dame football, Purdue basketball, and of course the White Sox. Needless to say my last sports year has been chock full of disappointment.
    My fave college ball team of all time is Kansas and I have a love for Syracuse.
    NFL New York Giants.
    NBA is tough, used to be a Sonics guy. Ever since they left I go with teams that play physical D still...I'm loving the Pacer's brand right now...

Gotta be careful about those pipes from the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius though, Doug.

I'm not too worried about those pipes freestoke. I think I could get rid of those ghosts or spirits or whatever they call themselves these days. Lol.
    Attempting to treat very different people as if they were all the same is recipe for leadership mediocrity. T Jay Taylor

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    And when I saw those pipes, Tobias, I thought you were venturing forth into the land of "the Pipe" and the Venturi.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...iPipeGreen.jpg
    I had never heard of a Venturi until now and I'm teetering on buy a NOS one that is still in the original package. Is it somewhat like Brylon?

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Not like brylon.

It is ceramic, actually.

"The Smoke", "The Pipe", and "Venturi" are all much the same and have to be smoked different than our regular pipes. You have to gravity fill them and not pack it down or they get soggy.

I have a "The Pipe" Canadian that is blue with a couple of orange pinstripes around the bowl. It's in mint condition and a fun pipe.

My fave college ball team of all time is Kansas and I have a love for Syracuse.
    NFL New York Giants.
    NBA is tough, used to be a Sonics guy. Ever since they left I go with teams that play physical D still...I'm loving the Pacer's brand right now...
    Nice. I like Syracuse for some reason. Don't know what it is. I usually hate East coast basketball because it's what we Midwesterners call "soft" ha. But Syracuse is different. They're fun to watch because they always have crazy athleticism and you'll never see a more effective zone defense than Boeheim's. But I'm a die-hard Big Ten basketball fan (except for Ohio State).

I don't watch a lot of NBA unless Lebron is playing. He's such an incredible athlete that I can't stop watching him to see what highlight he'll make next. Gotta love the Pacers though. Paul George is like Lebron, you just have to watch to see what he'll do next. So is Durant, but that may be a sore topic for you .
    Everything I say should be read in a sarcastic manner first. If the sarcasm makes no sense, read it as if I'm drunk.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes brimy623's Avatar

You have me tempted to start my pipe collection after @Emperor Zurg got me started by gifting me a cob & some Pete Stokkebe.
    Is the leftmost pipe orange or red?
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!!!

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    I had never heard of a Venturi until now and I'm teetering on buy a NOS one that is still in the original package. Is it somewhat like Brylon?
    I too am interested by them...I have read that they smoke stupid hot though...But still. I think I am going to pull the trigger.

They are almost too quirky and cool NOT to own

I too am interested by them...I have read that they smoke stupid hot though...But still. I think I am going to pull the trigger.

They are almost too quirky and cool NOT to own
    I had a black "the Pipe" when they first came out, a shiny, obsidian-black straight billiard. Being a ceramic pipe, it was almost like smoking a clay, but also like a clay pipe, it smoked just fine. Wish I had it back! An interesting feature of "the Pipe" was that you could wash it in the sink or throw it in the dishwasher.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I had a black "the Pipe" when they first came out, a shiny, obsidian-black straight billiard. Being a ceramic pipe, it was almost like smoking a clay, but also like a clay pipe, it smoked just fine. Wish I had it back! An interesting feature of "the Pipe" was that you could wash it in the sink or throw it in the dishwasher.
    SOLD!

That makes cleaning about 1000 times easier! You can get them relatively cheap on the interwebs I am finding. If you are brave enough to trust the sellers that is...

Some one should grab this one

It even comes with a pouch of 'baccy

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Nothing sexier than NOS!

Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar

What is so great about this particular pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar-Enthusiast View Post
    Which particular pipe are you referring to? We've mentioned quite a few

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar-Enthusiast View Post
    Three words... space. age. materials. It's like your smoking with Neil Armstrong himself.

Plus with NASA getting the axe, when are you ever going to get you hands on stuff like this again? Never!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast