Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Missouri Meerschaum Pipe Tobacco?

This is a discussion on Missouri Meerschaum Pipe Tobacco? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; It looks like P&C has some Missouri Meerschaum branded blends now. Has anyone tried them yet?...

Missouri Meerschaum Pipe Tobacco?

It looks like P&C has some Missouri Meerschaum branded blends now. Has anyone tried them yet?
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

No longer a community member.

Re: Missouri Meerschaum Pipe Tobacco?

I haven't, but I saw in the catalog I got yesterday where you could get four kinds AND four different MM cobs for ~$40. Seemed like it would be hard to lose with a price like that!

The four blends were developed to be at their best when smoked in a cob. The way we did that was to blend them to taste their best in a briar, and then back off on the sweetness a bit. That way, when smoked in a cob, the pipe would add back that touch of sweetness.
    The blends are a mild-medium Latakia blend with a hint of Bourbon (American Patriot), a Burley/Virginia blend without noticeable flavoring (Missouri Pride), and Virginia/Perique with a touch of dark-fired (Country Gentleman) and an aromatic with notes of caramel, vanilla and dark cherry (Great Dane)

Russ

I ordered the 4 pipe & tobacco deal. Had one cob I really liked, 4 more on the way. Seemed like a no-brained.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Looks like an instant started kit for about 40 bucks!

Can't go wrong here folks!
    It's been nice, while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by blendtobac View Post
    The four blends were developed to be at their best when smoked in a cob. The way we did that was to blend them to taste their best in a briar, and then back off on the sweetness a bit. That way, when smoked in a cob, the pipe would add back that touch of sweetness.
    The blends are a mild-medium Latakia blend with a hint of Bourbon (American Patriot), a Burley/Virginia blend without noticeable flavoring (Missouri Pride), and Virginia/Perique with a touch of dark-fired (Country Gentleman) and an aromatic with notes of caramel, vanilla and dark cherry (Great Dane)

Russ
    They sound great Russ, I'll be adding some to my next order!
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish McFortner's Avatar

I'm thinking about ordering one when I get the chance next month.
    Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    (An Eastern Orthodox prayer. I need all the help I can get right now....)

Maturing Puffer Fish Mr. Motoyoshi's Avatar

That deal was awesome. I wish they shipped to Japan.

Interested in seeing how people find the tobaccos.

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

Missouri Meerschaum now has tobacco?????!!!! Oh wow! I got to get me some of that! Is it on their website?

A am a loyal (die-hard) Missouri Meerschaum fan. 90% of my pipes are Missouri Meerschaums.

I've looked on MM's website, and Aristocob's, and none of them have any MM Tobacco. Where can I get some of this?
    Last edited by Gigmaster; 05-27-2014 at 05:59 AM.

I found it! I found it! I just realized that "P & C" means "Pipes and Cigars.com" (duh......) Ordered 1 each. I can't wait until it gets here.

Maturing Puffer Fish Mr. Motoyoshi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
    I found it! I found it! I just realized that "P & C" means "Pipes and Cigars.com" (duh......) Ordered 1 each. I can't wait until it gets here.
    Would love to hear about your thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by blendtobac View Post

Russ
    Saw this in the latest catalog - would love to try them. I'll have to find someone to trade with, or do a group buy since I live in WA state.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Oh, you can count on it........

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Motoyoshi View Post
    Would love to hear about your thoughts on it.

Just out of curiosity....why can't they ship it to Washington State? Why is that any different than any other state? That sounds really weird. They can't ship the tobacco to the home of it's namesake?

If you live near the border of another state, you could get a PO Box in that state, then just go pick it up. Or, you could have it shipped to someone, maybe even one of us, and we could just re-mail it to your address for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast